Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Z250 or Trx 250

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z250 or Trx 250

Kids are ready for the next step both bikes around same price im sure it will have a pipe and jetted before it leaves the dealership any pros and cons ??? on the Honda or Suzuki I dont know which one to get.....we ride the dunes 75% of the time........thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Z250 or Trx 250

I personaly would go with the honda for one major reason. They have the sport cluth option. which mean that the kids can ride with out haveing to use a cluth, and then when they get tired of that, they can switch it and then have to use a cluth like the rest of the sport quads. other than that i would say get whatever one feels more comfortable to the kids. My one buddy has a 250ex, and it's a really nice, low maintence, dependable quad. then this other family i know, bought an 06 z250 and took it to the dunes, and it could go up about any hill it wanted to. I would say both quads are equally matched.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z250 or Trx 250

The little Honda is one sweet machine! It will need a pipe, air filter, and vented airbox lid, especially if it will see a lot of sand. The stock tires are pretty lame, and you should replace them right off. I run the new ITP Trac Stars on ITP rims, and this makes the quad a little wider for some extra stability. The quad now has that very quick and nimble feel, very much like the Blaster I rode when I was a beginner.

In the sand (with a pipe, etc.), it will pull five or maybe six paddle Skat Trak Edges pretty well. And, with Mohawks on the front all mounted on light rims, it does pretty well. DO stay away from the new generation of HEAVY molded sand tires! They will rob tons of power. Stick with the very light buffed-down Skat Traks!

My neighbor has the Suzuki, and it just doesn't seem like as well refined of a machine........

Old 06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default Z250 or Trx 250

Importand safety considerations, when riding ANY autoclutch machine: http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...eyword1=safety

Old 06-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Default Z250 or Trx 250

Dont know much about the suzuki but the Honda is one headach free machine! It just goes and goes. Vent the air box and bump up the main and add a slip on and your set! The new hondas look awesome. Honda all the way!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z250 or Trx 250

I have a friend w/ a trx and he races it. Their good racing quads and will have a top speed of
about 50mph stock.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z250 or Trx 250

I ride with a guy who has one, his only mods are douglas wheels and razr tires all around and the thing is awesome. we went through some serious terrain and it never missed a beat, i used to have a z250 but i dont anymore so i cant compare side by side but i would say the honda because of the sportclutch. other than that they're probably about dead even it will just come down to preference.

the only thing i hate about that bike, and it probably doesnt get to most people, is it seems like there's a huge open space in front of the engine and that just kind of bugs me as far as looks go, but its probably not as big of a deal to other people.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Z250 or Trx 250

i've rode the z-250..nice bike..my other buddy has a trx 250. he seems like to it. id personaly go with the trx because i think the z is ugly. the front and looks all pushed in and i hate it. JMO

Old 07-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z250 or Trx 250

Originally posted by: reconranger
The little Honda is one sweet machine! It will need a pipe, air filter, and vented airbox lid, especially if it will see a lot of sand. The stock tires are pretty lame, and you should replace them right off. I run the new ITP Trac Stars on ITP rims, and this makes the quad a little wider for some extra stability. The quad now has that very quick and nimble feel, very much like the Blaster I rode when I was a beginner.

In the sand (with a pipe, etc.), it will pull five or maybe six paddle Skat Trak Edges pretty well. And, with Mohawks on the front all mounted on light rims, it does pretty well. DO stay away from the new generation of HEAVY molded sand tires! They will rob tons of power. Stick with the very light buffed-down Skat Traks!

My neighbor has the Suzuki, and it just doesn't seem like as well refined of a machine........
should i vent my airbox when i get my uni

Old 07-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z250 or Trx 250

have u thought about a blaster?

i know its a 2 stroke blah blah ...

but ur riding sand most of the time and thats where the blaster shines

just my .02

Quick Reply: Z250 or Trx 250