Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

If you were to design your dream quad, what would it have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you were to design your dream quad, what would it have?

I think they're not in sport quads because the manufacturers aren't convinced they will sell. Probably because people will look and them and say "THIS IS NOT WHAT I'M USED TO!!!!" and not want to buy them.

CVT is in a sport quad - KFX700. And those are very fast even stock. They will eat 400s for lunch and with some mods they can beat just about anything.

But they are hard to ride fast on a track because they are so big and basically have utility like handling characteristics. Now something smaller and faster with better handling....

Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 700 will outrun a 400? lol! That's your case?

They may have drag potential, but when set up for drags, the suck for rec riding. When set up for rec riding, they suck for drags. With a manual, you get the best of both worlds.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be the first to admit that my KFX 700 has no business on an MX track. It's just too heavy to be competitive with the lighter bikes out there. However, I don't agree that it can't be made to be a competitive drag racer and also be a great trail bike. Just yesterday i showed a couple of cocky kids on piped YFZ's that a KFX 700 could shame them in a drag race "when set up correctly", and later I went on a long trail ride where the 700 absolutely shines. If this bike were about 100 pounds lighter, I think it would be the perfect quad.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:28 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Been listening to this for years starting with the Polaris people. Yes, you can make a quick quad if you sink enough time and money in it, but mod for mod of comparable engines, they don't shame anybody.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

well, thats pretty simple if your not picky kawasaki has just come out with a KFX 450 with EFI, revese and elec. starting

Old 09-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Mine would have the suspension from an LTR450, the ergo's somewhere between a YFZ and a Raptor (just a bit more seat height and bar height than the YFZ has now), weigh around 370, and have a 550cc V-twin 60 degree motor with good heads that will spin to 10,000 and have good torque off the bottom.
thats pretty close to what i want... torque, yet the ability to scream....except id like it to have the seat height and balance of a 250R....maybe a 450-500cc TWIN, excellent suspension, dual exhaust, reliable, ALL alum frame like cannondale had, EFI, elec start, reverse, 6 speed tranny, sec system, a tach, speedometer, fuel guage, temp, etc and no more than 350lbs (300 would be even better)...o yeah and the ***** like the other guy said.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

on the other side id still ike to see a lighter sport 4x4... and an updated pilot.

im watching the KFX450 and Can-Am 450(this one rumored to be a twin) coming out. maybe they will have what i'm after...or close... time will tell.... the rumored kingquad 450 is also interesting...maybe honda will do something we actually want to see at their show this week...

Old 09-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

KTM 450 Racer with efi and weighs 300 pounds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

My z400 converted to run on tap water.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Glad to hear you guy's voice!I am the manufacturer from China.We will do our best to improve our vehicles and service to meet you--our consumers' needs!Thanks everyone!Enjoy the joy of riding!

Old 09-09-2006, 10:06 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

How about starting with a 300-400cc engine in that kart???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: If you were to design your dream quad, what would it have?