Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Oil change........

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change........

What's up everyone! I'm new to the forum here and too the desert scene.......I bought a 06 LTZ 400 and wanted to know when should i replace my engine oil?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my first oil change after the first 10 hours...That is what the manual said to do.. so check your manual, it should say in there....

My 2 cents

Old 02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Hello. Where you located and where you been riding????

I use the motoman method of break-in, to properly seat the rings. If you have already done some "easy breakin" riding, it is unfortunately probably to late! http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I run petroleum oil during break-in then switch to Maxima Extra ester synthetic after that. http://www.maximausa.com/products/4s...synthextra.asp

I do an oil and filter change after 1 hour of break-in riding. This gets any metal shavings left from machining out of the engine early on. (Suzuki's do come quite clean from the factory, but why take a change????) I do an oil change again at 5 hrs, and at 10 hrs it is fully broken in and I switch to synthetic. And at 20 hours do a valve adjustment!

Some good oil info: http://www.thumperfaq.com/oil.htm

Join CORVA!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums Merriman. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got one too! It seems to be just what I really need, love the big seat. I'd listen to reconranger on the oil issuie's. I changed mine at 1hr, 10 hrs and again at 20. This time switching to Synthetic oil.
I've already add a Prodesign intake with a UNI and a Alba jet kit along with a whitebrothers E2 exhaust and it made quit a difference. It will hang with my 450R.....but just want quite take it. I also put PRM skid's and bumpers on mine along with a HOUR meter to keep track of maintenance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

When you are ready for more power, that engine really needs to breathe! I did a ProDesign intake with UNI filter, EHS Racing airbox lid, and FMF Ti-4 full exhaust. Makes a huge difference! Enjoy!