Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Spend the day with a ute rider....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spend the day with a ute rider....

I took my neighbor out riding yesterday, and all he had ever ridden before were the big utilities (Arctic Cats). I put him on the 400EX, which isn't anything special by today's standards, and he had a blast! Kept commenting about how much fun it was compared to what he had been riding!

His wife is very petite, and comes from a dirt bike background. I put her on the little 90, and she had a blast too! I was actually jealous that she could ride the little kids quad and I couldn't......

Old 06-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can relate 100% as I owned my trusty and fun Popo 600 first and I put on about 4000mi before deciding that if I wanted a family riding partner I better buy a second quad. At first it was going to be another Popo as they I thought they were best machines for my riding style (AKA IRS, 4x4, go anywhere attitude what is not to like) but after much debate in my head I thought mabey I need something more sporty, I started to fall in love w/ the Suzuki Z400 the research told me that this type of bike w/ a good torque band wood soot the bill perfect. I allways found myself at the bike shop sitting on Z thinking that that this would be great bike for me but I never pulled the trigger on one as it just felt like something was missing . A friend of mine w/ a Raptor 660 invited me on a camping trip here I was w/ my Popo he had his Raptor and Kawi b/f 700 and a Honda 650 dirt bike ready to go riding for the day. I was waiting for my friend and his girlfriend to get ready for the big ride, so I started looking at the 660 checking it all over my buddy says take it for a spin at first not having been on a sport quad in years I thought a 660 sounded kinda intimidating esp for one that had benn cammed as this one was but I hopped on that bike and all of a sudden everthing just felt right at home then there was the the power from top to bottom I was hooked In less thn a .5 mi to make a long storry short (kinda) I now own my Raptor 700 and it is the quad that I ride probobly 85% of the time unless the snow is deep or I have work that needs to be done you will allways see me on the best most fun reliable quad that I have ever owned the Raptor 700R!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, I was the same way. the first quad I rode was my dad's artic cat 400. after years of riding it, I decided to get one of my own. I ended up with a '03 sportsman 700 twin. it was a blast, tons of power, 4 wheel drive and all that. it was just too heavy for me. I rode a friends old 87 honda 250x. it was nice but kinda tippy. I decided to get a sport quad. I ended up with a '00 yamaha warrior. I love it! while I do miss the 4 wheel drive, to me it makes it more fun. its more of a challenge now. I am really getting into jumping now too. I may upgrade to a raptor 700 later on, but for now, my warrior is perfect.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I have a bunch of friends that used to ride Utes.... they were into winching and going up mountains and etc...... they came to visit me and my tracks a few years ago and realized going fast was more fun.......since then almost all of them have gotten sport machines....... most still have the Utes but keep them for work and snow......