Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Some feedback Plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some feedback Plz

With the YFZ40R being all new bike it would be a hard decision as I am a Yamha fan but I am sure the LTR is a great bike as well but when you have a bike such as the YFZ in which case everone is trying to beat I would say why mess with success and go with the one that works best for you in this case my money would go to YFZ as I think it is the best 450 going and for what you will be riding the one that would fill your needs best!

Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys camped by us at Glamis a few weeks ago had LTR's. Each had been through several rebuilds already! Several YFZ's with us were years old and still going strong...no rebuilds. You make out of that what you want....

Old 12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

i did hear from my mechanic that the ltr powerplant is powerful, but not very reliable.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Koopa

Jesus, dude. I can read. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. Just because You have a LTR don't mean it's the best in the world and nobody is saying it sucks. Hell put 20" rims and drop the sprocket and it's fine. Just saying 18" rims suck for trails. I've rode on them. And by the way IN CASE YOU CAN'T READ HE SAID ALOT OF TRAILS ARE FLAT NOT ALL!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Big Jack

I want it for Jumps and the ocassional trail ride, alot of the trails around here are just flat and stright so ....</end quote></div></end quote></div>

Look, I'm not saying that the LTR is the best. I would probably take a DS450X over it. He said alot of the trails, if alot of the trails are flat then it would be fine, for the occasional trail that's bumpy it should still be fine..... I have a skid under my engine and one under my sprocket/rear brake and I've had no problems with anything on the bike yet.... it's fine on trails even with small tires. Although I am considering getting some 20s just in case, it's just that the bike rides so nicely with those 18"s.... lol

Like I said, just go sit on them and take them for a spin if possible. Either way you really can't go wrong. Both are great. Obviously they are pretty equal, the YFZ having a slight advantage on a trail, and the LTR having a slight advantage on a track.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

Guys camped by us at Glamis a few weeks ago had LTR's. Each had been through several rebuilds already! Several YFZ's with us were years old and still going strong...no rebuilds. You make out of that what you want....</end quote></div>

I'm pretty sure I know about those guys, they posted about it on one of the LTR forums I'm on. Most of them have pretty modded bikes.... just pointing that out. I've had no problems with my LTR, but then again I've only had it for 3 weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . lol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Beastly 3hundo

i did hear from my mechanic that the ltr powerplant is powerful, but not very reliable.</end quote></div>

Your mechanic could really say that about any engine... depends on how the owner treats it and maintains it, as with any 450 with proper maintenance there's no real reason for anything to go wrong.