Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

whats your worst wreck story

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats your worst wreck story

ok so i found me a place to finally ride and no trailer or truck is needed to get to it..first off i have an 87 warrior and the front tires are bald and the previous owner put 18 inch tires on the back looks like a dirt track setup i dunno... (dont yell i just got itp holeshot xc for the front and itp mud lite at's for the back) any ways i was riding with my buddies and i went up a steep rutted out hill with a 90 degree turn at the top well the ol warrior reared up on its back wheels and down we go..didnt really hurt im sore now from when the rear tires landed on my back but other than that im fine....and yeah i am new that was my first official trail ride i had a blast. so what wrecks you all been in or some dumb stuff you did??

Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 AM
Pro Rider

Haha no wrecks on quads for me yet (knock on wood) but I did wreck once on a dirtbike.

So I was up at my cottage and i was outta gas and pushing my ATV down my cottage road and he comes over and blah blah blah outta gas blah blah blah wanna try my bike? SURE! (It was a Suzuki 70cc dirtbike). So of course I didn't know how to ride a manual, kinda knew but I had never actually done it. So after I finally get it started, I take off, get going into 2nd or 3rd gear and I'm like yeah that's enough so I go to brake or whatever and I didn't pull the clutch, I just stalled the bike, and spun off on the road with the bike. Got up, started it, and drove directly across the road and flipped into the ditch LOL. Then I pushed it back to him.

Hah but I was wearing my helmet (probably saved me from a concussion or something!), but just a teeshirt and shorts, so my arm got this huge road rash on it, dirty as heck. My elbow still looks gross to this day, it is just ugh.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

I was out riding hit a log at about;oh 30 MPH owww.Bump steer big time,once I hit the log,the bars swung me off the machine and I had my thumb on the throttle so the back tires ran up my leg.My wreck story.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:37 PM

i was riding on the side of this mountain 2 yrs ago and was cruison about 40mph with it snowing...needless to say i hit a 3 foot snow drift, it swung the quad around and rolled over... as soon as i felt the quad start sideways i knew i couldnt save it so i bailed off hitting the ground on my back rolling down the trail, im sure it looked funny as my dad was behind me laughing his a** off when he knew i was safe. It was funny and nothing happened to the bike just knew not to try ripping through a snow drift anymore cuz you'll pay for it!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
no1
Trailblazer

I broke my leg on my quad. We were hill climbing and I was about 5 feet from the top of a good 50 foot climb when I pulled the quad over on me. When I had my dirtbike I ran into a barbed wire fence, that sucked. I was knocked out cold. I have no idea how long I was out. But when I woke up I was about 20 feet away from my bike and I could hardly walk because I think I hit my junk on the bars. It took me about 1 hr to free my bike from the old fence. Its a good thing I wear my helmet. It could of been alot worse.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

In my first race I flipped over the handle bars in the whoops. I was doing pretty good, I was in third place and gaining on seccond when the front dove down and the rear came up over me. I ended up stif-arming the ground with the quad over top of me and dislocated my left shoulder. It's either that or having an in air front end collision with one of my friends. We didn't see eachother when we tried to jump a little bridge (that was only about 10 ft long) at 2 different but parrelel angles.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

I was out riding hit a log at about;oh 30 MPH owww.Bump steer big time,once I hit the log,the bars swung me off the machine and I had my thumb on the throttle so the back tires ran up my leg.My wreck story.</end quote></div>

I hope the cardinals lose. Go Eagles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

on my GSXR for some reason i decided to do a wheelie on an "S" curve i was going 90km an hr and as i'm doing this lookin COOL a car drives through the S bend but he just drives strait instead of conforming to the S so i have to take the shoulder i hopped the crub flew over the handlebars and land on the boulevard on my shoulder where i suffer a torn rotator cuff...no i only do wheelies on a strait away!!!
sorry i knew it was supposed to be an atv story but i haven't wiped yet on that but i always believed there are those that have and those that will!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hah did the guy in the cool car stop at least?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

my in laws(at the time) just bought 2 Suzuki Ozark 250 quads... had them about ohhh 8 hors or so, when my father in law wanted me to go riding with him. so i took his wifes new quad, and he took his out riding. fun time! till i went up a hill that was really too steep, and long for a 250 2wd to be on. oops my bad! i got to the top, and hit a rut, lost traction, and started sliding down backwards. so i grabbed the front break, and tried to lean over the handlebars, but hit a dip, and rolled it over on me.

broken collar bone, and a chipped helmet ( instead of a cracked head) work wouldn't let me come back till i was all better (6 weeks of great relaxing weather) and the old aflack ducked saved my ***!!! i just enroled with aflack about 3 weeks before that, and they hooked me up with about $2500.00

so the moral of the story here is': keep the bucket on your nugget, and ride safe, have fun!

Quick Reply: whats your worst wreck story