Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

94 TRX300ex

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 TRX300ex

Hey folks... I am new here. Recently ended up with a 94 TRX300ex in lieu of monies owed to me and this thing has been beat up and put away wet so to speak.

I have quite a bit of work to get her back up to snuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Things needed:

1.Manual in PDF format, if possible
2.Body mount for front fender (this one hit something at some point and is twisted pretty good)
3.Clutch perch (for the 3 cable setup - previous owner put an aftermarket, clutch only perch on it)
4.All cables - clutch, throttle, reverse, parking
5.Chain
6.Exhaust - PO put on aftermarket exhaust and it's rigged beyond belief. Three self-taping screws hold the can onto the pipe.
7. Carb-the throttle cable cam inside the carb (throttle cable runs directly to it) - the idle arm that is part of the cam is broken off the cam completely. Only way to get her to idle is to have the throttle cable adjusted tight enough to hold it (it's basically too tight)

The list goes on but the above is most of the major stuff.

I also see a bit of oil leaking down the left side of the motor - look like it's coming from under the black cover below the reverse rod.

All thoughts welcome here folks! Thanks

Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty of places around to get those parts you need. I have had good luck with aftermarket for things like cable and chains. Primary Drive, Moose, Tusk all are usually cheaper than stock and just as good if not better. BTW, if you replace the chain, you should always replace the sprockets at the same time. Even partially worn sprockets can shorten the service life of a new chain. As for the body mounts and clutch perch, you can get oem stuff at a dealer obviously, plenty of online retailers also offer oem parts as well. You can even get just the part of the carb that is busted, provided it is still an oem carb. Exhaust, I would just look for another aftermarket quiet exhaust, something promising 94dB or less. Used stuff can be found on ebay, craigslist, and even a few forums that have for sale sections.

Good luck getting her back to top shape!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the carb: If you look to where the throttle cable starts to disappear into the throttle cable can, you will see a notch missing. This is where the idle stop arm broke off

and here is the arm itself:

I was hoping there might be some folks here who had some parts they wanted to get off their garage shelves.