Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Blazer or Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2000, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you ride the Blaster just once the TB will feel like a large Tuna trawler. The Blaster is a far superior sport ride. Just make a trip to the dunes. The only trail blazers are the rental quads that cant climb a bowl while people are actually having fun on their blasters.

Old 04-18-2000, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

When we went to the dunes the TB did good. (granted it does have a Ritter pipe) It climbed every hill though it did struggle to the top of the big ones. It did just as good as any Warrior I saw. What I didn't see were any Blasters...
At least not those 2 days at SL.
c-ya,

Old 04-18-2000, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Rhino99, you need to know the facts before you state them. You say that Polaris is hard to find parts for. Ok, how about HPD Inc, Hot Seat Performance, FTR, AAEN, and Erlandson Performance. Now those are just the ones that specialize in Polaris only. I don't see many Yamaha only companies out there. Then you have all the basics like FMF, DG, Maier, and White Bros, ect, ect, ect. And lets not forget about Ritter Cycle Racing (RCR). Now what was that about how hard it is to find parts?
I would say you were right 5 years ago. but there are many comapnies makeing parts for Polaris now days.

Old 04-18-2000, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

I do understand that there are companies who specialize in polaris parts and who carry polaris parts. You named 5 that carry polaris only and a few more who do make polaris products. My intent was not to say its impossible to obtain them or that they are not made, it was simply to say that it is more difficult to get them than blaster parts. At least around here where everyone carries blaster parts and NO ONE carris polaris ones. My uncle has a scrambler 500 and its CRAZY fast, it will kill my 300EX but when something went wrong with it, he had to wait 5 MONTHS to get the part in. I woudl have waited maybe 5 days for mine.
I am by no means saying polaris is bad or that you cant get aftermarket stuff for them, just that at least where I live its MUCH harder to get. If a newcomer orders from one of those mail order compaines and doesnt know how to put the stuff in himself then (at least here) the shop will charge 40bucks an hour to put it in for him where since they are a honda or yamaha dealer they charge 10. Around here a polaris just isnt a good idea unless you wanna drive an hour for service. Sorry

Old 04-18-2000, 03:18 PM
Range Rover

Get the Trail Blazer. Polaris makes improvements while Yamaha brings the same old design to market year after year. Plus Polaris gives a free parts list with exploded diagrams for each of their machines. That's right, download it right off the web for nothing, nada, zip. I would like to see people who ride other brands try this and come back with something even close for their quad!

Old 04-18-2000, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would go with the blaster. It is fast and a blast to ride. I'm 6'3" and 165 pounds and I don't feel cramped at all on it.

Old 04-19-2000, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

get the trailblazer. i have a 98 trailblazer. blasters in my opoin suck. they arent reliable.tb are faster easyer to ride aq conftorable.get the tb.i am 15 to.

Old 04-20-2000, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer

WHAT????? Blasters are extremely reliable if taken care of. You guys make it sound like a 300ex will never ever have a problem. Every quad has their problems. If taken care of there will be very few problems. Dont start screaming at me 'cause i never said that 300ex's suck, i just said blasters are very reliable

PS- i have never had a problem with mine, and my friend bought his new in 96 and the only prob he had was a dirt carb, which is easy to take apart.

Old 04-25-2000, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

O.K. For blaster owners go to blastercentral, go to the fiche shop. There you go, all the parts and part numbers you could ever need. All you have to do is call the dealer order the parts by number and pick them up when they arrive. Hows that

There is a reason why the blaster has been unchanged over the years. Simply put it is a great and realiable quad. Not to mention its only $3,000. Put another $500 in and the thing will fly and all those honda and polaris boys will wonder what happened.

Old 04-26-2000, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read the new DirtWheels magazine with the Cannondale on the cover...
it has a test between the Blaster, Trail Blazer and something else

Quick Reply: Blazer or Blaster