Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Blazer or Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2000, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 15 and I want a sport atv with good speed and a comfy fit for me. Plus cool looks. I am thinking about a tblazer and a Blaster. so boys what is it?

Old 03-10-2000, 09:18 AM
Range Rover

JFreak,

This one will be up to you. I think the Blaster may be a little quicker, but I'm not sure. Do you like the automatic or the manual. I used to ride with two friends with a Blazer and Blaster. The durability of the Blazer impressed me. My friend beat the &#it out of it. He never had a problem with it. If you like comfort, go with the Trailblazer. I have a 400 sport, and the Trailblazer is on the same frame. It is a pretty big machine. The Blaster is a lot smaller, and may tend to get uncomfortable. I don't know how tall you are, or how much you will grow in the next year. I would go with the Trailblazer. Good luck on whatever you buy.

Old 03-10-2000, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

One word: Blaster.

Old 03-12-2000, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Go with the Blaster. The Blaster is faster than the Blazer and the Blaster is a manual compared to the auto of the Blazer. Also it is easier to upgrade the Blaster than the Blazer. But on the other hand if you just want to putt-putt around get the Blazer. I beileve the Blazer is good for trails but I KNOW that the Blaster is good in trails even in stock form. So there are the facts so make your own decision also I recomend that you test ride both of them before making up your mind.

Old 03-14-2000, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

I think it depends alot on your size and how long you want to keep it. If you are not a big guy and plan on getting another quad in the next few years the blaster would be good. Now if you are a good sized guy or plan to keep the quad a long time i would go with the blazer, powerwise im not sure there is much difference. Its your call man.
Good luck and im sure you'll love either one.

Old 03-20-2000, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 16 and my family owns a couple of TrailBlazers. They are awesome bikes. I have ridden Blasters before but they are way small. Yeah they can jump but I bottomed out the shocks the first little jump I went off of. The Blazer can jump too, you just have to be used to it. I have only bottomed out the shocks once. It was off a jump that was almost stait up and the landing was flat. I flew about 6-7' up in the air and about 20 ft. long. So if I were you get the Blazer. And Blazers are faster topend than the blaster.

Old 04-15-2000, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Blazer250- just because you bottomed out the shocks doesn'y mean they always will. They can be set to a stiffer setting if you want to jump and not bottom out.

Too everybody-Please dont insult the blaster and call it crap just because it wasn't made for people that are 6-3 240. Those seem to be the people that complain the most

Old 04-15-2000, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

I don't think anybody called it crap, he was just telling of his experiance with the blaster. I have been around blasters myself and I know they run good, but I am also aware that they are too small for some people and the trailblazer may be too big for some people.

Old 04-17-2000, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

Get the TB. It's much more quad for the money. (I paid $2995)Not only do you get a full size quad, you get electric start, reverse, more suspension, better looks, better tires, better brakes, more comfortable to ride etc. With a RCR kit ( I paid $295 for mine) it will outrun a Blaster. The TB is heavier so you might have to use some muscle if you ride aggressively. The auto is a toss-up. Some love them, some hate them.
c-ya,

Old 04-17-2000, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

I think if you plan to put a lot of mods on it or to race it you should definately get the blaster. Polaris's are hard to find aftermarket parts for unlike the blaster. I also HATE automatics so thats a downfall of the blazer as well. But I would say that you should test drive both before buying to see which you like the best.

Quick Reply: Blazer or Blaster