Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Another bogus shootout from Dirtwheels....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bogus shootout from Dirtwheels....

RPM nice post I agree 100%. When they test them they give you the stats, fastest on the track, fastest in a drag, best in the woods,best handling,most power,lowest cost, reliability, maintenance. People should take this info and decide what is important to you then you decide what quad is best for you. They love easy to ride quads that are low priced that perform well. Those are not my criteria so I come up with my own winner by what parts of the test are important to me!

I would not get so defensive about where your quad finishes in the magazines tests, It finished first in your test obviously because you rated what you needed and wanted and bought accordingly!

Nocando

Old 12-14-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I agree on the "To each his own" and "It's what's important to you in a quad" that's fine but that's not the arguement. The arguement is how can you come up with a criteria for a shoot out have that criteria show a clear cut winner and then give the victory to something else. Also how can you compare quads based on what a race shop offers in each quad. Alba didn't have even mods for all the quads. It also isn't fair to nock the price of the moto when there are many other cheaper Cannondales that would've been right in the price range. It's not Cannondale's fault if that's all Alba had so why make it an issue in a shoot out. Is it a shoot out of Alba's quads or of the manufacturer. The shootouts are supposed to be for us the consumer/subscriber and they end up being a shootout of which manufacturer spends th most advertising dollars.

Answer:

Make your criteria and stick to it and announce the obvious winner. Then print your observations about which quads could be the winners for other people based on ability, money etc.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Not that they'll ever check it out but I e-mailed this thread to Dirt Wheels.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

as i was reading this shootout i was thinking, yes the z in no way can win this shootout. as i was reading on i thought more and more the z was going to loss, it didnt do anything the best. at the end i saw that the z won, i then took my DW out side and pooped on it!!!!!
DW can eat my gun
i am sick of reading there mag full ads and BS and now its full of my S to HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.,

Old 12-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

good idea dirtdiggler then need to know that people hate what they are doing to there mag, if 99% of people dont agree with there shootouts then something is wrong.

Old 12-14-2002, 06:38 PM
ztn
Trailblazer

LOL, dirtdiggler. Yeah, they probably won't read the thread. Remember, I started this thread w/ that initial email to DW in the 1st post and I don't expect to hear from them either. Oh well. Maybe they'll get bored and at least read it.

But I can already guess what they'll do:

"Bah!, what do they know?! They have no idea what's involved in these shootouts! Let THEM try to tell the truth and make money at the same time!" DELETE!

hahahaha.

Old 12-14-2002, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

I e-mailed there sister publication ATV Action about there pure sport shootout with the Cannibal, Raptor, 400ex and I can't remember the other quad but I think it was the Z400 anyways the Cannibal came in first in every criteria and it was unanimously the fastest on all styles of tracks. The 400ex was the second fastest on all the tracks except for one rider who put in the second fastest time on a raptor. Needless to say after winning every category the Cannibal came in 2nd or 3rd and it was the Z400 I think that won. I e-mailed them about this and said how can this be the Cannibal won every shootout criteria. They said "Well that's just how we felt and the test riders didn't even agree with how felt" Doesn't this sound insane? The writers and editors basicaly said we see who you the experienced riders believe won and well we less capable riders disagree. Then I got a line about don't get mad just because your quad didn't win. Is this putting a spin on it or what? Why not say something really brilliant like "I know you are but what am I?" These guys say the enviro-***** put a spin on things but they aren't free from it either.

I bet these guys could find a way to say that the team who scored the least points actually won even thought they where dominated in points and in every other statistical category.

Old 12-14-2002, 09:49 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Here is a suggestion. Read the Shootout articals, skip the Conclusions/Winner section, come to your own conclusions. That is what everyone is doing anyway.

Here is a thought. The Alba shootout is really nothing more than an addvertisement for Alba. A lot of these posts talk about how these shootouts are based on Advertizing Dollars. Which Quad do you think Alba is selling the most of right now? Which one won the shootout? Just some food for thought.

Old 12-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

We do read the shoot outs and draw our own conclusion it's what we've been doing for years. The point is we shouldn't have to you spend money on a mag that swears up and down it isn't biased and that's what you get anyways. I bet they would get a lot of subscribers back if they where adult enough to straighten this out. I really like ATV Sport it just doesn't come out on a monthly basis (every 6 weeks).

On another note I would say Dirt Wheels is single handedly responsible for keeping the Honda 450ex rumors alive.

I would just like to see a shootour where the quad that wins actually wins I don't care if it's the Predator or freakin' Kasea 250 if it wins by there criteria give it the win.

Old 12-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder if there are any dirtwheel reps on this forum. If there is, it is most likely they don't have the kahonez to defend their mag.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Another bogus shootout from Dirtwheels....