Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Fastest Stock Quad??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Stock Quad??????

I think your best option would be the Z/KFX. I like the green better on the KFX so thats what I would go w/ if I was a trail rider. The reverse could come in handy and the handling is good. They could use some help as far as suspension goes, and the power isn't great but I guess it's not bad (I am talking about STOCK, so you Z owners can calm down). The Raptor doesn't handle to good and the power isn't as good as it SHOULD be w/ it being a 660 and all, the Predator doesn't have reverse (just a nice luxury for trail riders) and the width COULD be a small problem on tight trails.... maybe... I'm gonna ride one today and I'll post back about it's power and stuff. The Cannondale is awesome but again, it lacks reverse. It would be a lot better on trails too if it was geared down a little. I have 18" grooved tamers so it's pretty awful on trails due to the low ground clearance, and it spins to much... but thats ONLY caused by my tires. On the track, the only thing I would want is a Cannondale, and maybe a R. Everything else either feels to week, or just FEELS awkward and heavy.

Hope that helps a little.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Squidward
Predator. It's the only stock four stroke I've ever ridden that will come out of the hole harder than a Banshee. Cannondales are grat machines until you need to order parts......"uhhh, sorry, we're making bicycles at the factory this month, call us back in January and we'll make your clutch cable."
That is an intelligent post.

Old 12-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Range Rover

IMO i would get a cannodale, but they are to expensive for me, thats the quad i want, but until then i think the z is the best.

Old 12-12-2002, 03:33 AM
Trailblazer

test drive everything you can. I rode a Cannondale in the parking lot of a dealership. And that's what I ended up buying. Im not going to try to justify my purchase by telling you to buy the same thing I did. But I can tell you that I did a crap load of research and in the end the Cannondale was the best fit for me and I extremely happy with the bike.

Ive had several people stop me on the trails just to ask about the bike. It's unique and scary fast. I like that

Old 12-12-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

well if u want the fastest stock quad for buy a used zillia if u want the best quad get a honda 250r if you want a 4stroke ltz kfx400 or a predator but id wait a year for the predators just to see how they hold up or go with the almighty 400ex ... i rode a raptor and i was impressed but it was my 1st time on one but lots more touque hten the warrior and lots more power loved it almost bought it but it was a 2001 so i passed up on it he still has it for sale... but ya the cdales are nice just dont have cash

Old 12-13-2002, 07:03 AM
Pro Rider

well if u want the fastest stock quad for buy a used zillia

They stopped building those in what 1989?
yea i want a 15+ year old quad that is not very reliable and maybe has a 2mph top speed advantage over the new generation

Old 12-19-2002, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

I Would say get your name in on a new Gas Gas 300 two stroke or 450 4 stroke 50 hp stock with roll design frame all widened out with ohlins shocks all the way around and tons more extra from the factory for 7400 for 2 stroke around 8500 for 4 stroke get um fast they are limited for now company didnt realize the demand was going to be so high only 10 of the 2 strokes in the us right now mine is coming cant wait

Old 01-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Whatever your decision I would suggest staying away from first year quads! Raptors and DS650 were nothing but trouble their first year out! Good Luck!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: DaWARRIORMan2000
Whatever your decision I would suggest staying away from first year quads! Raptors and DS650 were nothing but trouble their first year out! Good Luck!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I agree 100%. First year quads have not been proven.

Old 01-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Ok first of first year quads have had there problems. But I would rule that out on the GasGas quad if your looking for a quad that is a 2-stroke race ready machine. This quad in my mind is the fastest in stock form. The cannondale falling into second place behind it. This two machine were designed with the racer in mind and I feel are more geared towards people that are racing or planning on getting into racing. Do get me wrong they are great trail riding quads, but most people don't want to spend that kind of money out out front on a trail quad.

The first thing I'd tell you to do is to find a dealer that will let you ride the different machines and then see which one you like better. For trail riding my first choice would be the z400. In my opinion I'd stay away from the predator and the Raptor. I've rode a predator and didn't like it. As for the Raptor I've been told it feels tipsy do to being narrow and the stance being tall. Like siad it sounds like you got it narrowed down to a couple quads, so just read up on the maintance of each one and take them for a test drive.

Quick Reply: Fastest Stock Quad??????