Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Fastest Stock Quad??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Stock Quad??????

Raptor is by far the best stock quad. It will get anyone in the long run and it has to me the best handling and suspension. The suspension is totally awesome and you wont feel even the hardest bump. It is awesome at starts and in the long run i think it will tear any stock quad up by far.

Old 02-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

craptorandbansheebros you're full of it,crap i mean.

Old 02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

IT HAS BEEN PROVEN!! FASTEST TOP-END MACHINE IS THE BANSHEE. NOTHING ACCELS IT. THE GAS GAS IM SORRY TO SAY IS NOT FASTER TOP-END. AND THE CANNONDALE'S WELL FOR 12 G'S ID HOPE THERE FASTER BUT TOP-END THERE NOT AND THEY FILED FOR CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY. SORRY BUT FOR TRAILS A RAPTOR BUT WIDE OPEN I WOULDNT BUY ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BANSHEE.

Old 02-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MXBanshee07
IT HAS BEEN PROVEN!! FASTEST TOP-END MACHINE IS THE BANSHEE. NOTHING ACCELS IT. THE GAS GAS IM SORRY TO SAY IS NOT FASTER TOP-END.
Do you have proof of this that the Banshee can beat the GasGas? Have you even seen a GasGas in person? Have you rode one? I own one and it flat out flies. I also own a cannondale and the GasGas smokes it in top end. Last I recall when dirtwheels did a shootout on top speeds of the banshee and cannondale they were very close (can't remember which one won) but if I have to I can find the article and post the results. My point is the banshee and cannondale (as what Dirtwheels said) are close in top end speed and my GasGas blows away the cannondale so it should beat the banshee. Remember we are talking stock form not piped or any or mods. I'll have actual results once the race season starts.

My next question is how really cares which is faster do we all ride at 70+mph all the time? I'm not a pro rider and can't and won't run this fast with trees inches from both sides of the quad. Speed is nice, but a smooth riding, controllable powerful quad is what counts in my book and the GasGas is number one in those catagories, it's an added bonus that it has a top speed over 80 mph.

Old 02-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Ketchum ATV's

The KR250RR is the "Fastest and Quickest" production ATV in the World. This "Raptor Killen", "Banshee Bustin", "DS650 Smoken", "Cannibal Eaten" ATV features a 250cc 2-stroke, single cylinder, case induction reed valve, 60HP, Liquid cooled engine.
Not sure if this is true or not, just came across it the other day and found it interesting. A Blaster with a killer motor?

Old 02-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pred007
. The Predator is not yet proven but so far for me has been an excellent ride. Im not to worried about The first year Burps. Polaris will take care of them.

Good luck with that. The Scrambler has been out for almost ten years and they are just now fixing the tie-rod, steering stem, busted transmission problems.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

FIREHAWK! LEARN TO READ! DIRT WHEELS ISSUE OF THE HIGH PERFORMANCE TESTS BANSHEE WAS THE FASTEST WITH A TOP SPEED OF 78.1 I BELIEVE. AND IF YOU WHERE EVEN SMARTER YOU WOULD HAVE READ THAT A BANSHEE AND A RAPTOR IN THE LOND RUN WELL IS NO RACE, YES THEY BEAT ME 1-3 GEAR BUT I GAIN AND ACCEL EVERY SHIFT AFTER. AND PREDATORS ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME SPEED. I WORK FOR POLARIS AND MANUFACTURE THERE SPRINGS. BANSHEE HAS MORE OF A TOP-END PUNCH. WE DONT MODIFY SO WE CAN KEEP UP, WE MODIFY BECAUSE BANSHEE'S WERE MADE TO BE MODIFIED, I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE YOU COULD KEEP UP ANYWAYS? J/K BUT BANSHEE'S ARE FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, I don't "believe "as you say I do read Dirt Wheels and most every on else...JULY 2001 ( just was looking through for the shoot outs...last one I seen with Banshee and something besides the LE article they had) Page 50 chart at top...and I quote" Top Speed Cannondale 2nd place tie Raptor/DS just above the Sportaxx Banshee...obviosly you "believe you Banshee is the fastest stock quad I challenge you to show me ( or tell me I am sure I have it) where the Banshee rates as faster than the Cannondale or DS i know they havent compared it to Predator...there is none (JK). Yes the Banshee is fast but it is no Predator...stock for stock

Old 02-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

dirt wheels just did a high performance shoot out between the z400, raptor, pretator, and canondale....Will I would rule out cdale due to the chapter 11 issues, your then left with the raptor, predator, and z400....drag race...raptor, mx race...predator or z400... most future potential....Raptor, Curtis Sparks makes a 690 kit for it that is absolutely insane ( http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...hreadid=293742 ) you can read about it here.
buy a quad with the most potential and that suits your riding.
Joe

Old 02-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

You are going to be riding with KX's so why not stay all green ?
Go with a KFX

Quick Reply: Fastest Stock Quad??????