Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what do you use your sport quad for???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you use your sport quad for???

lol yea there good all around mostly untill it comes to a clearence issue [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] but then again here not maid for that. but i love mine i wouldnt go with any other kind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] but i dont beat mine lol i c some do lol i baby it some times then others i beat it lik a red headed step child lol in racing and when i am having a ba day i take it out in my riding lol make me feel better but the quad dont lol i got alot of stroys to but the one that its the one that sticks outin in my head is when i was drag racing and i was racing a recon lol i knew i was ganna win but any ways i was almost topped out and this lil kid on a lil 70 crossed right in front of the trail i had nuthin to do but lock it up and luckly he just got passed. i was like im ganna kill the little kid................ then he other on is DONT LET ANY ONE BUT RIDE UR QUAD lol i let my friend and he was doing good and then he gunned it and hit a tree. rght bye a 8 foot ledge i was like ur lucky he was like yea i know so as we walk over to get it it falls [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and gets a bent tie rod and a few lil things..... thats just of the few

Old 01-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

I will say that I don't like to get muddy but that doesn't mean I haven't had my bikes muddy or wet. I have to cross a creek everytime I go riding. One time me and my nephew were out ridin' and we got to the creek and it had rained a day or 2 before so it was a little high. We looked at it and he told me to go first since they were my bikes. I was on my CR250 and he had my 400ex. I said okay it don't look that deep, well, it was. my CR was almost completely under water. The water came up to the seat and I had a hard time keeping the bike up because of the force of the water. I made it across with no mechanical problems. By the way it is weird to hear your exhaust go under water on a dirtbike. My nephew just shook his head and said he was not going to cross it. I decided I wasn't going back across it either. I rode the road home and later we were looking at the CR sitting next to the 400ex and the only thing that would have been out of the water would have been the handlebars. I have had the 400ex with water up just under the gas tank with no problems.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

its pretty cool to hear about your quads, your mods, how you ride em, and all that other cool stuff. but what sport quad do you think is the best for trails. the trails are the ones i metioned before. so, what is it gonna be the Z, cannon dale, 400EX, prededor, banshee or any others you know of or ridden before. what makes them good for trails and will it beat my freinds 250X. please dont tell me of any quads that are not in production any more, i would like to hear of modern quads such as the ones i listed (quads still in production). thanks again and hope to here from you guys.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

well some of the best trail bike out there would be the WARRIOR its a good strong and pretty peppy motor for a 350.. then there is the 300ex which is a good quad but its just like a 250x with new updates and a lilttle bit bigger motor... then there is the z/kfx and 400ex pretty much same except for the liquid cooling and reverse found on the z and kfx but you cant beat the honda realiablity... but the warrior im not saying it cuz i have 2 of them i love mine but i would sell it for a 250r or raptor probly but still they have never let me down... and there are a lot of mod potetential for the warrior.. so i would say if you have the money get a z kfx or 400ex or if you dont go buy a warrior i dont think u will be disapoitned and plus u can get a good cheap modded warrior that would kill ur buds 250x.. if it dont have to many mods i think a stock warrior would kill it if the warrior had some new treads on it... but the z kfx 400ex or the warrior ne of them you would be happy

Old 01-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

yeah when i got my raptor stuck in creek i tried getting out in reverse and it threw so much mud on it the push start wouldn't work.....lol yeah but i had some guys help me but i don't like going threw that much mud anymore because i washed it so much with the piwer washer and the electrical starter thangy got wet and now if i travel far to sandy oaks in cold weather the choke freezes hmmmmmmm. Thats funny too.

Old 01-17-2003, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

well my raptor RULES up hills
SO MUCH POWER i mostly go up hills first gear full throttle and i power up the hills easy but my friends banshee has a harder time then me.....but once you hit rutts on hills with the raptor the front end pops up and it's gets jumpy in low throttle on the raptor and the banshee sits a bit lower to the ground and is a little longer i think and it doesn't jump as much.....but it also spins more then the raptor to me.

Old 01-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

I believe that after looking at the other quads out today it comes down to the best bang for the buck and I believe that you would be hard pressed to find a better bargain than the Z or KFX 400! They are far more advanced than the Warrior or the Honda's. Those might be great quads to some but to my arthritic aging body my Z400 aloows me to ride longer and more comfortably! The suspension is great right out of the box as well as the brakes! I was going to put steel brake lines on but after getting used to them, it doesn't need them IMHO ! So that money can go towards more important stuff. I have set up a trail course with plenty of turns both left and right and some that are tight and others that are a bit wide. The reason for doing this was to first determine if the Z would bicycle thru the turns like I have heard from a lot of people and second to get more practice at pushing me and the Z to find our limits. So far I can tell you that we have not and I have been unable to get this thing to bicycle! There is even a large dirt mound in this riding area which has 4 different angled faces one is a smooth gradual that is good for high speed downhill practice and the other is a bump riddled 45 degree face that I use to practice for uphill runs. The other 2 faces are steeper yet and will eventually be tried after I am more comfortable. I must say though that the Z goes up that bump riddled face very well and controlable.

For me the Z400 was the perfect starting point.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trails Mostly, Blue 03 Raptor. Lots of power and jumps like a dirtbike. Mud is fun but not too deep unless you have some speed to carry you through. These things will go through anything except maybe under water!

Old 01-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

you people who use your quads in mud or deep river crossing do you guys ever have any trouble with your brakes or anything that can get damadged by water?

Old 01-21-2003, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 300ex and do mostly trail riding. Its a great bike for the trails, but a little slow. So you may want to look into the 400. The warrior is heavier, so its not as easy to move around on the trails (since you have to watch out for those trees that move out in front of you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ive also had my fair share of the mud, ya gotta play in the mud! But ive never had any problems with mine. But since i have a Honda, i say get the 400. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: what do you use your sport quad for???