Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Which Quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Quads

I am looking at purchasing a quad for my son and my self, I have a lot of experence with quads but have not been on one in a few years, I have narrowed it down to a few brands, and would like both to be the same brand, any unbiased help would be appreciated. Here's the list

Raptor 660r and Raptor 80
Quadsport z400 and LT 80
Polaris Predator 500 and Predator 90

Any suggestions or experence with these bikes would be appreciated, my son is 9 and I would like to get a few years out of what I purchase for him if that helps any.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

id get a big quad like a 700 polaris if ur planning to do trailriding but if u want a sporty quad with no regrets get a raptor, and a 80 or 90cc would be a good size for your son

Old 03-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

how old id your son?

Old 03-28-2003, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

Hmm, the Z400 and L80 Combo is a good bet. because both quads are one of the best in there class.
and theres the fact that a Z will Smoke a raptor, and for $800 and 5lbs less too. and there also availible in green VIA kawasaki KFX400 and KFX80 (if you like green that is). Or you have the Pred 500 and 90, which are totally in a class of there own when it comes to power output. im not being Biased at all, but for having 262cc over the Z/KFX400 and $800more, and 161cc over the Pred and $500 more, the raptor is Well Underpowered, and is Expensive for something than cant do anymore than a 400 or 500. Plus the Suspension, Handling,and Power on the Raptor 80 is completely Misserable to.
~Pman~

Old 03-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Quads

Originally posted by: PmanX8
Hmm, the Z400 and L80 Combo is a good bet. because both quads are one of the best in there class.
and theres the fact that a Z will Smoke a raptor, and for $800 and 5lbs less too. and there also availible in green VIA kawasaki KFX400 and KFX80 (if you like green that is). Or you have the Pred 500 and 90, which are totally in a class of there own when it comes to power output. im not being Biased at all, but for having 262cc over the Z/KFX400 and $800more, and 161cc over the Pred and $500 more, the raptor is Well Underpowered, and is Expensive for something than cant do anymore than a 400 or 500. Plus the Suspension, Handling,and Power on the Raptor 80 is completely Misserable to.
~Pman~
No stock z will ever beat a stock raptor, unless you the raptor rider doesnt know how to ride. Sorry, but if you ask anyone who has been around a quad for more than 10 minutes, they will tell you the same thing. The predator and raptor are about even in the power and speed area, its really too close to call. the z/kfx quads need at least a pipe, jetting, and an air filter to not be embarrassed in any kind of race short of mx.

The raptor 80 is a nice mini, it can go up to about 40 mph with a 125 pound rider, but the throttle is easily adjustable to lower the speed. I have heard good things about the new predator 90, but since no one seems to have one yet, im not really able to give advice. The lt80 is also a good mini quad, maybe a little better than the raptor mini, but only in speed. To be honest, you really need to look at the big machines first, that is where you will be spending most of the money. Any of the three minis would be an excellent machine to start your child out on.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

Well maddog56, it sounds like you have been reading too many magazines, because its been proven that the Z/KFX 400's Put out the same Bottom end power as the Raptor, and a little "More" top end.
Dont get Upset just because you own a raptor and dont know anything about the Z or KFX or Predator.
Because all three of those Quads can beat a raptor with equal riders in any condition. Granted, the Z/KFX wont beat it by much, but it still can and will, but the Predator will take it off the line and keep on Pulling away steadily and will leave a Significant gap between it and the Raptor that is "behind" it.
Im "NOT" being biased here, and not trying to Start any crap iether, but i witness this all the time where i ride.

Old 03-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which Quads

yo a stock raptor will definitely beat a stock z or kfx.

Old 03-29-2003, 01:51 AM
Range Rover
Default Which Quads

I got a Predator 90 for my daughter.. What decided it for me was it had built in nerf bars, independant front suspension and way nicer tires then any other kids quad.. It runs great and its fast!
Oh and I bought the DS 650 Baja for myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

P90

Old 03-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

Originally posted by: YamahaBlasterKid
yo a stock raptor will definitely beat a stock z or kfx.
Hmm, "LOL", yet ANOTHER "biased" Victim of the Magazines. i just dont see why Yamaha Fans "cant Handle" the fac that theres a 400 and a 500 machine that can beat a raptor stock for stock.

(note to raptor fans) you need to stop believing what the Magazines tell you and go out to a Real Riding area (not a desert) and than whach what happens when a Raptor v.s. a Z/KFX Stock for Stock with "Equal" riders. i have seen it.

Old 03-31-2003, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Quads

pxman, i sigh and now feel sorry for you. I have raced more z's than i can count on my stock raptor. The only one that has ever beaten me had a 440 kit, but the rest of them were stock or had minor changes done to them. I have done this on ashphalt, sand, hillclimbs, and the like. I believe that you may be sore that your stock quad cant beat any other stock 400cc + quad aside from the 400ex. The point of this post is to help this man make a purchase. Therefore, in light of the amount of money this man will be spending, it is our job to give him ACCURATE information. I challenge you to make these statements in the suzuki forum. You will not recieve unillateral support. It is possible you ran into a rider on a raptor who cannot beat you, this is somewhat common. If you were to switch quads, you would see that stock vs stock, you would have won on the raptor. Please dont make this matter into a flame, we can discuss this without going off the handle.

Quick Reply: Which Quads