Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

New quad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New quad?

hey, i'm new to the ATV business though i have been on a few (mojave being the biggest!). the mojave was wwwaaayyyyy underpowered for what i like and i'm trying to get a quad. i need something with fairly high power (not waayy too much but definatly more than a mojave) but reliabilyity is more what i want (since im new i have no idea how to service quads , rebuild engines or how much it would cost to get it done for me. for these reasons im looking at a raptor (i have been on my m8s quad about 4 times, he has had it for a year and i can ride better than him by miles... im a quick learner, and i dont want to have to get a new quad a year l8r bcoz i've reached the limit of a beginners quad), or possible a banshee ( i know they have to be maintained alot). i was wondering how much it would cost to maintina the banshee, what would make it last longe and how often i would have to service/rebuild it. which one do u ppl prefer? or ne other (decent) quad would be taken into deep consideration.i won't be riding too hard (maybe 5 hours a week max) and i wont be constantly riding with an open throttle. varied riding conditions.

thanks ne1 who replies

Old 04-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default New quad?

Check out the Suzuki Z400. A few of my friends have them and they are very happy with them. If I had to buy a new quad right now, I would buy a Z.

Old 04-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default New quad?

I just got a Z400(kfx400). I'm pretty happy with it. Its really strong in the first three gears.The power starts to fade away in fourth and fifth, but its not to bad. I like it. I think you will to. Theres not much to maintaining a 2-stroke. I LOVE 2-stokes. Run good pre-mix oil and spark plugs(NGK platuim), Change tranny oil after every ride, and you'll be fine. The jets will be Fat from the factory, but thats better than being lean. TONS of aftermarket parts to for the Banshee. I'm kind of wishing I would have got a Banshee just for the aftermarket parts out there. If you want a good motocross bike, get a Z400. If you want a bike that you can put a ton of aftermarket parts in and smoke the rest of the guys, get a Banshee. Banshee,Z400? Tuff call, its up to you!