Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

Let me guess, freestyle raptor, if you had a raptor 80 it would beat a banshee, there is no way it would kill it by 2-3 bike links

Old 06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Range Rover
Default What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

or a raptor 50?

Old 06-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

THANK U HONDA RACER those people think raptors will kill any thing because they have one but a banshee will get out of the hole quicker

Old 06-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

ya, i love my banshee and will support any person deffending one.

Old 06-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

and i know how it is to get swamped by people with different oppinions too.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

I may stand corrected. I watched this race earlier today and the banshee killed the raptor it was a paved road and they went a quarter of a mile and the shee won by about 3 quads. They are both piped and I don't know what else. I raced the shee and he beat me so bad I won't tell you the exact quad lengths just say a bunch. The same with the raptor but it didn't look like the shee beat me by much more than the rappy, I'm just stock though. So I guess i shouldn't have said in my earlier posts the raptor would win. It all depends on to many variables, rider, terrain, and mods.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

This is my expierence with the two. I have never ridden either one, but where I race at they have two motorcycle classes. On a 1/8 mile concrete dragstrip, a stock Banshee consistently outruns a stock Raptor. I have seen a stock Banshee run a high 8.90 and the best I have seen a Raptor do is low 9.30s. When both are modified it really gets ugly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2003, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

For the money, Raptor still has the shee... shees spend what 800-1000$ just to pipe them?? For that you can pipe, filter, jet, high comp piston, and stage 2 cam in it. that easily beats piped shee's. Its only when you really start throwing money at them when the shee starts to rip.

Old 06-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudslinger400z
I may stand corrected. I watched this race earlier today and the banshee killed the raptor it was a paved road and they went a quarter of a mile and the shee won by about 3 quads. They are both piped (snip the rest)
The question was stock vs stock.

Old 06-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Corpsie
Originally posted by: mudslinger400z
I may stand corrected. I watched this race earlier today and the banshee killed the raptor it was a paved road and they went a quarter of a mile and the shee won by about 3 quads. They are both piped (snip the rest)
The question was stock vs stock.
I know what the friggin question was and I didn't answer it because I don't really know. In the race I talked about I clearly said they were both modded and to what extent I didn't know. When I see a stock for stock race between them I'll state the facts of who won and what type of terrain they raced on and so forth. I just felt the need to make the post because in an earlier post I said the raptor would smoke the banshee stock for stock and I think that may have been to harsh a word. I still think a raptor would win on a dirt road or field in a short drag.

Quick Reply: What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK