Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I got my Dyna Ignition for the Z400 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my Dyna Ignition for the Z400 today

[i]

As far as the HP per cc, as a well tuned 686 puts out 70hp, that would put a 453 suzuki at 46.2 hp, which is alot closer to what I have seen .
The last thing I want to do is continue this silly arguement, but please, I think 14mins is one of the only ones pushing the 70 mark with his 686. Not to say hes the only one, but the major concensus of 686's put out in the low 60's, and would be very pleased with mid 60's.

Old 05-23-2003, 02:31 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I think its fun to push this silly argument j/k
You are exaclty right, low 60's is the best most have ever seen, I know a few will see alky and the likes and get over that number, but the same could be said ablut a z as well.
If you take stock numbers and use the stock Raptor ratio (hp to cc) the stock Z (400cc) would produce 21.12hp.
I know that this dosen't mean too much , other than the stock Raptor engine is really waiting for motor work!
I just thought it was interesting.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Range Rover

sandneck,

But you're being too logical. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't even start on power to weight ratio. If you can shed 50 lbs from a raptor, probably can with a Z too.

Even my buddies that ride raptors call them craptors. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just waiting for the "450cc" honda to come out. I think we'll find that more likely it will be a rincon based fat pig like the VForce. haha...

Seems raptor owners are the new breed of banshee owners. Just try and tell a banshee owner that a 250R will beat it, and they go ballistic, start talking about all these mods that are possible, etc.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

Who gives a rats *** if your quad can make 60hp with the right amount of money? Try buying aftermarket ***** so you can do something other than sit on the seat and pin the gas.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:38 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

bvstone,
Yeah I know, but sometimes when you hear all this illogical crap being spewed on these forums its nice to have a little logic interjected.
I never said anything about power to weight ratios, so I don't know what you mean by don't get started with power to weight ratios.
I was comparing horsepower to cc's. That is the is ratio I am talking about.
I agree with you that Raptors are the neww breed of Banshees. In fact we all call them 4 stroke Banshees.
Binford....My stock ***** do that just fine...lol

Old 05-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

I was being sarcastic, sand... sorry. What I meant was we're doing HP to CCs, so if we go power to weight, then that will start a whole other thread of BS arguments. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2003, 06:01 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

No worries, I knew you were. Its cool.
Yeah I was trying to think about the power to weight ratio thing and I confused myself...lol
I like to throw some logic in there sometines, it shuts up all the bs, usually

Old 05-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BarelyLegal
Nice unit. Installed it in a few minutes. The only thing I needed to do was trim the back plate of the mounting bracket with a grinder just a bit to get it to slip into the lip on the subframe. It started right up and I will be riding tomorrow!
Cant wait to hear about the performence of the new mod , I want to get one bad but cant seem to let myself pay that kinda price .

As for the rest of the BS , blow it off , you know your dyno numbers and some of us have seen them also .

Whats HP anyway ITS A QUAD YOU GO FAST AND MAKE IT FASTER ....IMO hp dont mean jack , I have seen rice burners smoke
Vipers and there is a big diff in HP , my 325 bimmer is able to produce 625HP if I wanted to dump a lot of $'s into it , but will it smoke
a 68 Z28 , or a Vette ? NOT I would give them a good run but not smoke em just because I have the big HP.

CT says mine has 36 HP , dirtwheels says mine has 36 , well mine has 38 on 8in hooser tires (what a joke) real numbers are 29.9
on dirt tires (razr 2's) this whole hp and dyno wars are a joke , reality is I have 29.9 hp when I ride and about 38 hp of roost when I ride hard.

You have a great quad and you have put a lot of time and money in it , good job and keep postin your additions.
As for everyone else you have great quads too and keep postin your mods .

This is a damn ATV forum , if you want to fight join the damn military GGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old 05-23-2003, 06:56 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

fast 4wrd,
dude your quad is looking good. I remember talking to you a while ago and looking at your stuf, It looks killer.
Nice Work

Old 05-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandneck
fast 4wrd,dude your quad is looking good. I remember talking to you a while ago and looking at your stuf, It looks killer.Nice Work

Thanks sandneck , it sucks now everything that I want to do is big money , and I cant do one with out the other (suspension : need a-arms and vise versa ) (cams: better to do both at the same time) and gggzzzz 400 bills for a rev box , the ex's I ride with paid less then 100 bucks.
But this summer will be an adventure to hot to ride so hopefully everything will go through by fall.

Quick Reply: I got my Dyna Ignition for the Z400 today