Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

is a z400 good for me (any z's out there for sale in the south eastern area)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a z400 good for me (any z's out there for sale in the south eastern area)

Ok guys i have been looking at the z's for a while now and I might get one if I can find one I can afford. But I need ya'lls help for my decision because I have never rode one before.

How tough are the frames if I will be doing light jumping, lots of wheelieing, and trail riding with it. How good are they in mud . I would like to have a 400ex but I do alot of trail riding in narrow places where i would need reverse. and if I had to what would a price be to re-enforce the frame. and what is the top speed of a stocker z. thanks

Old 07-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Range Rover
Default is a z400 good for me (any z's out there for sale in the south eastern area)

the z is good for every one mine does good in the mud if ur doing light jumping ur fine but if u go to a track alot u might want to get a frame fix the stock z speed is around 65

Old 07-06-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

thanks 1fast03z, can i have anyone else's advices on this.

Old 07-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Top speed of 65mph is under the average. Most z's with a 210 pound rider or less will do at least 66mph. The average is 66 to 69mph stock. I've hit 69 for a pretty long stretch a couple of times. A stock honda 400ex hits 65mph and the z is at least 2 or 3mph faster than an ex. The z's strength is the same as an ex, the handling and ease of use. It has a very smooth powerband and not to be underestimated the most comfortable seat I've ever been on. It sits pretty tall which is good at times especially if you're in creeks and the water gets a little high. You can usually keep your pipe above water. The shocks are good for trail riding and are set up more for that than stiff racing shocks. So for trail riding they'll leave you a little less sore. If you want to race you'll need to upgrade the shocks though. Hope you find one. If you live close to Kentucky or Tennesee get an atv trader magazine. There's usually a few used ones in there. Some have quite a few mods on them, just be carefull when buying used, peace.