Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Buying Quadracer 250

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Quadracer 250

Am looking for advice about this bike, It has a few problems. The electric start was bypassed, Is there a way to fix this? Also the light was bypassed in the process I imagine, because it dont work either. I am just curious if this is something that can easily be fixed or not. The bike is pretty loud (2 stroke) is there a way to quiet it down a bit? Thanks a ton for any responses!

Old 08-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you have? Quadracers dont have electric start. What year are you looking at. Also, 2 strokes are naturally loud, but if the silencer packing is old or non existant, then that is a factor. Also, what do you mean by bypassed? Are the wires cut, or spliced, or gone. Need specifics. If you know anything about electrical systems, it isnt hard to fix this stuff. Quads are pretty easy.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its a 1986 Quadracer 250, It has a switch for an electric start and kill, but it apears that whoever owned it before this guy im buying it from bypassed the start and kill switch. I think by doing this it caused the light to no longer work either. The wires are all there as far as i could tell, they dont look beat up or anything, also there is a rubber cord thing attached to a device just above the gas tank cap and one end plugs into this device and the other is supposed to attach to you, creates some kind of manual kill switch. I guess i should look at it more, but is there some kind of battery or something that the wires goto that i should look for? Also, from what im reading this quad is supposed to be decent, fast? I havent gotten it yet am still working on it.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

i think u should take a lesson in atving 101

Old 08-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, I need all the help I can get, Ive never ridden an atv before. When I was about 16-17 I rode a suzuki 250 bike that my brother bought and that is about all the exp I have in riding. Seems sad but you all seem like a good bunch maybe I can get a few tips advice so forth. Thanks a ton!

Old 08-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

First, we must correctly identify you quad. You say it’s a Quadracer LT250, but most here know for fact that no Quadracer ever came with an electric starter. It is most likely a Quadrunner LT250. But it is also possible that you just think that it’s a starter switch and you have not found the kick starter yet.

Someone else will have to help you determine what your quad is because I know very little about Quadrunners so I cant tell you what differences to look for with any certainty.

Old 08-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

look on ur frame usually by the engine and look for the vin numbers that should identify your quad... if u cant find them do you know if you hafta mix ur gass or not and if you dont know that look around and see if you can find a battery.... if you find one or you dont have to mix the gass then you have a qaudsport 230 or 250

Old 08-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

As far as I know the gas has to be mixed, as far as whether it is a 250r or quadrunner im not sure. The motor is not colored, the bike is a blueish purple color, it has a radiator and a kick start, but on the handle bars left side there is a switch that says start and such. It is sporty looking(no racks or anything), I have seen a pic of the 86 quadracer and it had the same little device on the left of the bars. That is why I thought it was a quadracer. Aftermarket?

Old 08-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

on the left side of the hanldebars does it have a button you push for electric start or does it jsut have toggle switch that ses run or stop or suntin like that..... also look on the right side of the engine see if it has a long metal piece that swivels in and out,if it does that is your kick starter... if it dont look under both rear fenders and under the seat for a battery.. if it dont it is a quadsport (or whatever it is they called the sport model they made.).... it looks alot like the quadracers but perform totally diffrent

Old 08-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ahh you could be correct my friend I do believe the switch only says run and stop. The kick is on the right side kinda under the seat, I dont have the quad yet am looking to buy it, the guy wants 2k it comes with a nice helmet, muds and paddles for the rear and another set for the front, a 2 quad trailer and the mixing stuff for the oil and gas jug. Just curious if this is a good deal. Also whatever that switch is, is connected to the light and when they bypassed it the light dont work nomore. Another thing is that they put in a rubber band looking cord the is connected to the kinda u-shaped clip and it clips to some cord, wire or something similar right above the fuel tank lid close to the middle of the bars, when you pull on this clip the bike shuts off. This clip is supposed to clip to you so if you fall it shuts down the bike? Please dont get upset with me, I really am "bike dumb", but I am reading as much as I can because I really want to ride. It sounds like so much fun!

Quick Reply: Buying Quadracer 250