Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Need Advice: Is this a good deal for an '03 Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice: Is this a good deal for an '03 Eiger

I called the closest Suzuki dealer to me, which is about 45 minutes away, and asked about the 2004 Eigers. He said they won't have any that arent camo colored until around the end of September. He did say that he has one '03 Eiger left in red. It's a 400cc 4x4 manual shift. I was REALLY wanting an auto one. I know how to shift, it's more convenient not to. But anyways, he told me that the list cost on the bike is $5149 but he would "give me a good deal" and give it to me for $4800. He said out the door it would be about $5500. Is this a reasonable deal considering it's his last '03 that's red? I hate the camo color scheme and I'm not too fond of dark green either. But is he giving me a respectable deal, or should I keep shopping around or hold off for the '04s?

And two little side notes: I live about 5-10 minutes from downtown Cleveland, so I'm not exactly in ATV country where there's a lot of competion and a ton of dealers to pick from and go between when bargaining. Like I said above, the closest is 45 mintues from home. For me to shop around, the next closest Suzuki dealer is about an hour and a half away, which is not that big of a deal, but after that one, we're probably getting into a couple hours of driving. Please give me your honest opinions.

Old 08-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think its a good deal. I paid 4600 plus tax on my manual shift. Plus right now Suzuki is offering a 69$ winch on that model. Make sure thats included. What is the sales tax like there? Sounds like they are charging phony doc fees. or set up fees...

Old 08-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sales tax for my county is 8%.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:41 PM
RY
Weekend Warrior

I HAVE RIDDEN BOTH AND I LIKE THE MANUAL 5SP THE BEST. THAT IS THE ONE I BOUGHT IN UPSTATE NY FOR $4900 PLUS TAX.
I KNEW 3 MORE GUYS WITH THE SAME MACHINE AND THEY ALL PAID MORE THAN I DID. IF THERE IS NOT ALOT OF COMPETION THERE THEN THAT MAY BE A FAIR DEAL. IF THATS THE PRICE HE GAVE YOU OVER THE PHONE IM SURE YOU COULD BEAT HIM UP A LITTLE MORE IN PERSON.
GOOD LUCK

Old 08-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, he just offered that price right over the phone so I figured that I could probably talk him down a little more. I told him I'd be paying cash and he said that didn't really matter. But I'm thinking that if I go in there and throw maybe, $5000-5200 down on his desk, maybe he'd jump on it????? What do you all think????

Old 08-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The $4,800 is a good price but they are adding on too many extras. Mine was something like $4,860 - out the door came to 5,200 and some change.

I've found around here that the dealers closer into town treat ATV sales like a new car - charging set-up, delivery and sometimes even paperwork processing fees in addition to sales tax. Once you get further out into the country they only charge sales tax. And this considering that most will drop at least 5% on MSRP.

Jaybee

Old 08-22-2003, 11:57 AM
RY
Weekend Warrior

I did not pay any setup fees, just tax. Also they thru in a helmet. If he really sees that you are going to pay cash he probably wont let you walk. Dont give in to any of there extra fees. If he's a good salesman he will want to make a good customer.
Good Luck!!!

Old 09-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Ry,
Did you know that dealers would actually prefer that you finance rather than paying cash? Also, the good salespeople will talk you into those fees. Good salespeople make money. They are paid on commision only. If they do not get a minimum gross profit on a sale, their pay is about $50.00. I think good salespeople could not eat much on that salary since the average sales per month is probably about 10.
The bottom line is you need to find out all the rebates and factory to dealer incentives on the unit you are trying to purchase. Then add a little profit for the salesperson and dealer and make your deal. I have found this information on the Eiger because I am thinking of purchasing one. I can buy an 03' in Fl for
4665.00 OUT THE DOOR with a 6% sales tax and FL reg. title included. The dealer is selling me the bike at cost and keeping the $300.00 dealer incentive. Idon't have much time left to make up my mind though as the 03's are going fast.
Do you thin the Eiger is a tough machine that can hold up to the abuse we give our bikes in the FL evergaldes?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,
JustMe