Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a future Zilla owner and i need some help :)) please read this

Hello guyz!
im a current ds-650 owner and wants to replace it with a 90' zilla
im about 168cm hight and weigh about 56 kg
and in my size i cant really control the ds its just a too big quad for me... and this quad weigh alot i can barely pull it up for wellie
i was thinking about to buy a smaller and a stronger atv... i was thinking about the zilla...
i need some help from you guyz about the zilla:
what is the size of this quad is it better for me than my ds-650?
whats zilla top end(stock)...
is the zilla is more easy to control and ride it than my ds-650

plz give me information about this amazing quad .... it would help me alot !

Old 09-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

I've never heard of anyone downsizing to a zilla. They are big bikes also. I don't think you would have to do anything to bring the bars up but hit the gas. They are very powerful, yet very smooth for a 2 stroke. Top end is around 75-80 stock. They are also very strong in the lowend. I've never rode a DS so I don't know how they handle in comparison.

Old 09-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hello there,
So you have a DS and want to replace it with a zilla huh? The LT500 is a little smaller than your DS, but not by much. For being "stronger", I would say the DS is built like a tank. You have the strongest stock quad out there. You might want to sell your DS and buy a Banshee or Raptor instead. I have a zilla, and it's a great bike. But for reliability, a four-stroke is best. If I were to get another two-stroke, I would get a Banshee. They have many aftermarket parts available for them, and they are easier to start than a LT500. I've had mine for a while, and I still haven't gotten the starting down. But after it's done with the rebuild, I'll practice until I die to get it down pat. Go to the dunes and ride the different quads. Test a Raptor, a Banshee, a LT500, and a YFZ450. Try to start the 500. You may find that you like the other bikes better than the LT500. LT500's also have some problems that need to be fixed, like bearings and case inserts, etc. Do a search on the forums for "zilla". You'll find all the info you are looking for. For the other Quadzilla riders out there, I'm not putting this bike down. I love it, and will always have one in my stable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

some questions on your post. here in america we use feet and inches. and lbs .nothing personal but i have no idea how big you are.allso at the bottom of your post it said you were wanting a 250?wich would be alot smaller than your ds.i think my lt 500 is a big bike.but i have no problem standing it up even with the +7 inch swingarm. i dont know how many cm's that is.ha.ha.ha.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

I just sold my LT 500 and bought a Baja X. I really like my decicion. The DS is slower but handles rough stuff way way better and faster. The LT corners better but flys a little worse. The LT is about 80mm longer and about 50mm wider. Weight is about the same. The DS feels smaller riding it than just sitting on it. The LT feels big both ways. I think for the price you will get for your DS and what you will have to shell out for a LT, I would keep the DS.

I wrote this therefore it is only my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

halflitre, you also have to remember that hes coming from a 01 ds which is bigger than your 04,

Old 09-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

I suppose, but his is a little longer which I think is better. Weight wise he would be better off on an LT I guess. It's just that most of the LTs I've been seeing lately are hammered junk. I'd hate to see someone dump a good quad for that. In a perfect world where you could go down to the Suzuki store and buy a '04 LT500R, I would say trade it in.
Later.

Old 09-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

first i live in israel we got only the 90 model...
and the lt500 costs same as my 01 ds cuz we got only 5 lt500 in our country because its an illegal quad
police catches you on lt500 and your lt500 is gone!!
but with lt500 who can catch ya?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])