Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Plllllleeeaaassseeee!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plllllleeeaaassseeee!

It depends on what is wrong with your bike. I'd do intake and exhuast valves, seals, crank rebuild with new rod, .020 oversized, and the gaskets you need.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plllllleeeaaassseeee!

guys im in the same boat, have a 89' 230 and it smokes like a hollywood smoke machine,. it is very difficult to start with out putting some laqure thinner in the carb, mabey carb needs to be rebuilt? if i do rebuild i want it to not smoke and be driveable. can i buy the weisco piston package for 73.00 from rocky mtn atv and install it myself?. the crank seems smooth as well as the con rod and bearings. has any one attempted a rebuild and were they sucsessful. i am worryed that i bought a new engine and i am again up a creek without a paddle. i also have another lt engine an 87' that has good valves rings and piston, but it threw the rod bering and the two washers on either side and when it was taking apart it was not marked for the proper timeing so the motor would need to be retimed.

IF i do a rebuild would i need to get the motor retimed? even if i mark the chain top and bottom and the top gear and bottom gear, and also would the carb need to be rejetted. i am very confused and i am about to scrap my whole "Project 230" if i can get a good reliable running not smokeing starting motor. the rest of the bike is done and chromed and powder coated, and all i got to do is the motors top end and i will be all set. I only paid 300 for the bike and 200 for a motor thaT was said to be rebuilt 10 hours on piston rings ect... MY A$$

thanks pleaaaassseee PM me or respond i need HELP!!!

p.s i will take a picture of the bike running or a video so you all can hear it and Laugh if you want i know i did( and then i cursed alot)