Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bandits(tires) for ZILLA all around...Good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandits(tires) for ZILLA all around...Good choice?

Originally posted by: CTATV
those shredders look like a pretty good choice and they are cheaper than the bandits. What about bandits up front. They seem extremely flat.....Advantage or disadvantage??? how does the really flat design affect handling in different types of riding?
The Bandit rears worked awesome on my Raptor....they like all terrain and I would not mind putting another set on when my Shredders wore out. The Shredders hook up like crazy, so you will like this. They do not slide real well.....but your Zilla is wide and slides easily anyways. They just do not slide as well as I would like on the Raptor. The front bandits....for lack of better words, SUCK. The flat design has way too much contact patch and leaves your machine wandering at high speeds. I had flats in the front and rear Bandits...but I would rate them slightly above average for puncture resistance and wear. I recommend getting a 20" tall tire over a 22".....the 22 are too big and heavy....sucking HP away needlessly.

Old 01-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Shredders are a good choice. I actually have a bit of the opposite experience from garyc660r. I am actually thinking of Razr2's for my next tire purchase. While the Shredders have great wear and decent hookup, my rear end tends to get squirrely on most surfaces so I want a bit more bite. I also rode a Zilla with Realators once, seemed like a decent match to that bike.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

These 2 tires offer very little in wear and puncture resistance, but hook up like crazy and slide pretty good if you have a 2-stroke. Very few people use them on thier rides, and I dont know why. Im talking about the stock 400ex Othsus, and the stock Raptor tires. I have seen a lot of hillclimb guys use these tires on high HP machines.

Old 01-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

The trekkers were cool because you could throw it sideways just by swinging your bodyweight but they would just spin up rocky hills. The bandits have much more bite. Part of that might be because I'm running a taller gear. Since the trekkers were 18", I put a 14 tooth sprocket up front which I never removed when I threw the 20" bandits on. The bandits are alot heavier than the trekkers were but with the difference in size, it's not a fair comparison.

A buddy of mine has the bandit fronts on his rappy and isn't crazy about how flat they are. I think a rounder front is better when your riding up on the side of the tire or trying to squeeze through a tight trail.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

nice nice. i think ill go with the bandits or shredders in the rear and def not the bandits up front it seems. Im looking for more traction and less wear a lot more than i am slideablity I shoulnt have any problem breaking traction with the zilla. I will probably want all the traction i can get. I ride mostly in the woods and in fields. shreders are cheaper maybe ill get them. they still have a lot of traction?

Old 01-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

as far as traction w/shredders, i have run mine in the sand with them. of course you cant hill climp or drag race, but they still worked just fine. i have trouble keeping the front end down on hard pack. oh, and i only weigh 140 lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
good luck
aaron

Old 01-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have shredders on my banshee and I was amazed how well they hook-up. On hardpack the traction is great and on gravel roads traction is great. They slide well too on higher horsepower two strokes. Fast trekkers are a great tire also. Nothing out hooks up fast trekkers on grass or soft dirt. They do better than shredders in the mud too and are almost too easy to slide. If you mainly ride hard pack get the shredders. If you need one that is more capable in mud and trail conditions get the trekkers.

p.s. the shredders have a longer tread life.

Old 01-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I wont need mud performance cause I got a Wolverine with 25inch Dirt Devils on it so if Im gonna hit muddy or real wet stuff up thats what Ill be on. Only mud Ill be hitting is if Its real shallow slippery stuff on a trail. Definatly nothing deep or hardcore thats why I have my trusty Wolf. Looks like the shredders and gonna be what I get unless anybody has anything to sway me. Im not to much of a fan of titain my polaris came with at489s and they wore out waaay to fast. my stock Wolverine tires lasted longer than they did.