LT250 Pictures and color opinions....please look

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT250 Pictures and color opinions....please look

[quote]
Originally posted by: LT2Fiddy
Ok...first off...lately i have been trying to find good LT250 pics that are big enough to fit on the the destop clearly. And alotta times, the LT's are not nice enough for the background...(no offense, i wouldnt put mine on the background..haha). So if anyone has good action pics such as air time or just any other interested pics with nice LT250's in them, i wouldnt mind checkin them out. [

Couple pix on my page, if you can photo shop put Mrs Shady on the 250 you got something.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

Check out the pix of my restored lt250r, I had both the clutch cover and the mag cover polish and the nerf bars. I just had the swingarm PC w/ about 10 of the misc . axle parts Hope to have pix's later this week, also added +2 A-Arms and a 2+2 Durablue axle, Works dual rate w/ rezi's. I like the polish look with the blue motor.

Old 01-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Nice work, Strokertwo. That's one of the prettiest Racers I've seen. Must hurt to get it all muddy.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

OK...this is really helpin guys...im gettin some awesome ideas...

First off...i had seen some pics like ZigZilla's swingarm, but couldnt ever find it again...I love that look. The opposite colors on the detailed parts just looks completely awesome. I been thinkin, and i thought i would do the frame and any other little details (like the swingarm pic) in the candy blue, swingarm and a-arms in some a nice looking silver to sort of match any aluminum bumbers, grab bars, etc, and for the engine: get it all to bare metal, paint cylinder and the tranny (not including side cases) the silver/grey, blue (trying to get really close to the frame color) head and any other little details (like powervalve cover, etc), and side cases either the polished or blue. I dont know about polishing because there wont be much chrome on it except for the pipe. I got the engine idea from the origional pic i posted. If you look at it, thats basically what im talking about.

So basically, i want the engine and frame from my first pic, and the swingarms and details, etc from Zigzilla...I think that would be an Awesome LT if i can get the money.

But one question...can you buy Candy Blue for the engine? Or should i just get a color really close for the engine? Please get some more pics for my background...i cant stand this Z400. Oh and shady, i have used your pics on the desktop already too..haha

Old 01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

do you have an email to send pictures to?

Old 01-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

umm...budl230@yahoo.com

Old 01-14-2004, 02:12 AM
Trailblazer

Smity - No I have not dragged him yet, but I do find him a bit slow, but then again the guy that rides it is 100kg. Also he bought it second hand and in my opinion it was not such a good buy. It is actually for his wife but they take turns to ride it at the moment until he has saved up enough money to buy one for himself. I think he is looking at buying a blaster.

Shady - Enjoyed your posts. Check out the mine dunes on my photo album : http://groups.msn.com/quadrides
Loved the shot of your yorkie we have two also : http://groups.msn.com/lindiemichaelsyorkies

LT2Fiddy - Good luck on your remodeling project!

Old 01-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT2Fiddy

But one question...can you buy Candy Blue for the engine? Or should i just get a color really close for the engine? Please get some more pics for my background...i cant stand this Z400. Oh and shady, i have used your pics on the desktop already too..haha

LT2Fiddy, Just take off what parts on the motor that you want painted and send them to the same powder coater that is going to do your Frame. That way there they will be the same color. You came also change up the base coat color with candies... My lower a-arms and swing arm parts were done with a silver base and 4 coats of candy blue. My frame was done with a silver base and i think only 2 coats of candy blue .. You can change up the shade by changing the base coat to a gold or what ever you choose. There are so many options. Most powder coating places will do a test pipe so you can see what your going to get. . Let me know how you make out

Zig

Old 01-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

are you sayin that the parts of the engine will be powdercoated or painted? Will the powdercoat shop do paiting? Because i dont think the head can be powdercoated..

Old 01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Linz<
Shady - Enjoyed your posts. Check out the mine dunes on my photo album : http://groups.msn.com/quadrides
Loved the shot of your yorkie we have two also : http://groups.msn.com/lindiemichaelsyorkies
Nice pix you have Linz. Those Yorkies are the greatest.
Shady

Quick Reply: LT250 Pictures and color opinions....please look