Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Question about those "QUADZILLAS"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004 | 07:43 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Question about those "QUADZILLAS"

Hi, like I've told you in a previous post, I was interested in buying a LT250R. But I rethinked about it, and if I'm going to get a Suzuki, it needs to worth it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. So I'M now leaning toward the incredibly fast LT500R AKA know as the quadzilla. It's gonna be that or my dream quad, The TRX250R. Now here are my question:

1- Are they <u>THAT</u> Fast ?

2- Stupid one but, are they hard to crank? I'm only 115 LBS (53KG)

3- Are they reliable?

4- Are they drinking a lot of gas?

5- Do they require a lot of maintenance?

6- Do they compare to another quad?

7- Are they that fast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], could they just be too fast for me? I'm only 16 years old and I have about 1 1/2 years of "Real" riding experience. (riding on my father LT230 since I'm young does not count [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Looks at the Zilla In my picture page, it's for sale for 2350$. It's been redone from A to Z, what do you think about it? Could it be a good deal?

Thanks for answering some of my questions, I will add some more later when I think about them

Old 01-12-2004 | 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheQuadSport230

3- Are they reliable?

5- Do they require a lot of maintenance?
LMAO, they are the MOST UNRELIABLE quad ever made and you will go broke just maintaining it...... Run buddy RUN!!!

Old 01-12-2004 | 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PUSHINTHELIMIT
Originally posted by: TheQuadSport2303- Are they reliable?5- Do they require a lot of maintenance?
LMAO, they are the MOST UNRELIABLE quad ever made and you will go broke just maintaining it...... Run buddy RUN!!!
Are you still hanging around in here speaking about things you have not a clue about?

As far as reliability goes I've never seen a Zilla with FONT color=#000080 Bent valves /FONT or FONT color=#000080 Dead Battery, bad voltage regulator /FONT or FONT color=#000080 Broken clutch bolts /FONT or FONT color=#000080 Broken valve cover bolts /FONT, its always something isn't it?

Old 01-12-2004 | 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

they are fast and quite powerfull quadsport.but u probably shouldnt have one if you dont have any mechanical ability..........by the way.....if that 500 is redone from a-z and is 2300......ill buy it

Old 01-12-2004 | 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

A quadzilla with a fresh motor has a ton of compression. At a 115lbs, I hope you are a hell of a kicker. I truthfully think you would enjoy a lt250 more. Quadzillas are fast, but they are big and Heavy. I have owned a couple, and I have sold them and stuck with my lt250. They are great for going fast, but if you ride with others that arent as fast, then your just wasting the machine by sandbagging. It really depends on your intentions. For trail riding, the LT250 would make you Happy. Have you ever riden a Quadzilla. If no, I suggest trying one and then deciding.

Old 01-12-2004 | 10:07 PM
Range Rover

I found a guy that has a way nicer one. And he wanted to trade me my 03 400ex. That Zilla was mint! But i cant give up my 400ex I love it too much. And it has too many plans. Plus im not much of a 2 stroke guy.

Old 01-12-2004 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Slacker, do you like those mossbarger reeds? My zilla came with pyramid reeds installed but it came with mossbarger carbon fiber reeds in the parts box.

Old 01-12-2004 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Look how can you say that a quadzilla is reliable!? They're FAR FROM IT but if you "honestly" had good luck with "YOUR" zilla good for you cuz that will be a first one yet.

As for my DS650..... Go look more in the Bomb forum. I have said MANY times that my DS650 is a pain in the a$$. I never did say it has been good to me, because it really hasn't and I've stated that numerous times on the Bomb forum. I even had it for sale because I was fed up with working on it, but after I bent my intake valves (which was MY fault not the quad's) I havent had any problems with it and it has run great so I think I got all "my" DS650 problems worked out. So it's no longer for sale and it's been running great, but if I do have a bunch more problems I WILL say it on here unlike most people that don't wanna say anything about "their quad's problems" because it's just more fuel for the people who like to bash... So you didn't hurt my feelings in any way by posting my DS650 problems because I already know and at least I'll admit it....

Now I've seen plenty of Zilla's and out of all of them I have seen ONE Zilla that don't need to be worked on for an hour to ride it for 10min, and it belongs to a Jewler so you can understand the intracit detail they are experianced with and he does the same with his quads... They get completely tore apart once a year and EVERYTHING is gone through with a fine tooth comb and replaced even if he suspects it to be worn. This guy even mics the transmission gears every year to see if they are worn, and like I said even if they are just a little worn they get replaced. It might sound dumb, but his job requires detail and he puts that into everything so you can understand that this quad is OVERLY maintained! It doesn't get trail ridden, and stays in a heated shop. The only thing this quad is used for believe it or not is ice racing, but it's obviously taken care of! Now the money this guy spends is a CRAZY amount to keep this Zilla nice and a 16 year old kid sure doesn't have the time, patients, and DAM sure don't have HALF the money it's gonna take to keep it maintained to point where it even would be reliable. Because the truth is Zilla's sure arn't reliable!! I'm 16 too, but if you're gonna tell a 16 year old kid that a quadzilla will be a great quad and all this stuff so he jumps at it and buys it, you're not thinking correctly. What he'll do is buy it and have it a month before he realizes that he wasted a bunch of money on something that he has to work on all the time to ride it! I have to do more than enough stuff to my DS to keep it running but a Zilla, I'd be pulling my fricking hair out! Not to mention I don't have enough money to be able to keep up with stuff going wrong with a Zilla and neither do most other 16 year olds, unless you got parents that buy you everything. But that'll only go so far especially if you get a Zilla. "Oh but it's really fast!!" That's what you hear from every Zilla owner but you never hear "When it runs anyway."

So QuadSport..... If you still happen to decide to get a Quadzilla, let me know how it's going after a month of riding it.... I'm just gonna say "I told you so."

Old 01-12-2004 | 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know if it just the reeds that are better, but he mossbarger reed cage seemed to help a nit. I went from 4 petals to 5, so more flow.

Old 01-12-2004 | 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

you arent too far off the mark pushin.........im usually tinkering with mine........not always major expenses......but it likes the attention

Quick Reply: Question about those "QUADZILLAS"