Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2000 QUADMASTER 500 IS THE BEST!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2000 | 04:08 PM
r34
Pro Rider

c4drm... I am going to take some more pictures of how mounted this Kit, this afternoon. It will take 24 hrs to develop the film, so as soon as I get them back, I will ask someone like "SC man" to show me haow to post it in this forum. Unfortunately, I had to drill two holes in the plastic to mount the Rocker, It was painful (LOL) but I did it anyways.

Old 01-07-2000 | 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

SC Man...

I live in Central...only 25 mins from greenville. Just bought my quad as you read, and really would be interested in riding. E-Mail me as to where you guys ride, and usually when.

Old 01-08-2000 | 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

Hello fellows I already own an artic cat 500 and was thinking on purchasing a quadmaster since I love the suzuki motor on the cat. How cheap did you get yours I found a 2000 model in oregon for $5750.00 so how do you like yours I was praticularly interested in how good the ebs braking was coming down steep hills this is the only hold back I have on the cat it could have been designed so it was a little lower gear for coming down steep hills. Well anyway hope you are enjoying your atv...let me know...thanks...BiLL

P.S. Have you had any troubles with the drum brake on the back this is about the only bad thing I have heard on suzuki atv's, I heard the back brake was poorly sealed and was a pain in the a** to keep cleaned out....thanks...BiLL

------------------

Old 01-08-2000 | 03:58 PM
r34
Pro Rider

Bill... I have the Quadrunner LT F500, so the other guys will have to give their opinion on the Automatic.
I have'nt had any problems with the drum brake on my Quad so far, and its been in a lot of water. One thing for sure though, is that the brake works great every time. In fact I very rarely use the front brake when quading, and when I put it in the back of my truck, and lock the brake, it does'nt move. I have never used straps to hold it still.
Ron..

Old 01-09-2000 | 09:41 AM
Trailblazer

atving...I just picked up my Quadmaster this weekend and took it for a 2 hours ride yesterday, oh my what a machine! I love it!

Regarding EBS, with the trails I was riding I really got to test this out and I must say it's really impressive. One trail had a very steep drop, I put the Quadmaster in 4wd and then in low range and boy I'll tell you I couldn't believe the breaking. There was no slipping or sliding, it's wicked impressive. In my two hour ride I hardly ever used the breaks. I also test drove the Kodiak before I bought my Quadmaster and the test course at the Yamaha place was very nice. It had a lot of hills. The ebs system on the Kodiak was not half as impressive as the Quadmaster.

Regarding the price you've found a new one for, that's a hell of a price. I paid $6200 for mine and I thought I was doing well. I went to 3 different dealers.

r34...regarding the pictures on your winch setup. Not as critical now, as the dealer re-did the setup and did a very nice job. Although would still love to see them. The roller fairlead is now mounted on the front and it looks great. I had them mount the switch on the front fender, right beside the warning labels. I think it's a great spot, it's out of the way and yet very handy. Really appreciate your advice because without it I wouldn't have known to push the dealer so hard to get the right mounting kit.

I got to try out my winch yesterday and thank goodness I had it. I got stuck in some black mud that was wicked thick. The winch pulled me out with no problems.

One question on the proper way to winch oneself out (remember I am a rookie). Should you let the winch do all the work or should you give the atv some gas and try to help the winch out? Maybe either way it doesn't matter?

All in all I am as happy as a pig in mud with my Quadmaster. I will continue to post updates with this machine and would appreciate it if other Quadmaster owners would do the same for educational purposes.

Happy riding folks.

[This message has been edited by c4drm (edited 01-09-2000).]

Old 01-11-2000 | 03:21 AM
r34
Pro Rider

Let the Winch do the work, pulling with the Quad will wreck the gears.

Old 01-11-2000 | 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

c4drm, my own recovery technique, regarding winch and/or ATV traction when stuck, is: "Any Which-Way You Can!"

I prefer a handlebar-mounted winch control switch so the winch may easily be used simultaneously while maneuvering the quad from the saddle, combining the winch's pull with the tires' traction for extraction.

No damage has occurred to the winch gears, whose maxiumum stress comes from the winch motor's torque at full pull, their design working load.

Some good winching tips may be found at superwinch.com. Also, running the ATV engine while using the winch helps keep the battery charged. I'll repeat a previous recommendation: a ****** block doubles the extraction force availble from your winch and provides extraordinary versatility for angle pulls, even from the rear. Good luck!

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 01-11-2000).]