Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ltz450?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ltz450?

I have been hearing a lot lately about suzuki coming out w/ a 450. How do people know of this. Is there any evidence of it coming out his year. That would be awsome having 3 new 450's in one year.

And if they do come out, wil the kaw have a version to? I heard they are experimenting w/ there own 450 engine.

Old 01-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ltz450?

i'm betting on it that Kawi release a totally different 450 race quad after Suzuki release theirs. It has already been agreed by both corporations that the 450 MX motors will NOT be shared.

The info about the new Suzuki 450 came from the speedvision coverage of the GNCC races where a Suzuki ATV division rep said Suzuki would release it in 2005.

It will probably be kickstart and have no reverse, since the Z400 already have those bases covered and is a potent racing platform in itself. This machine will probably be very lightweight and extremely good handling. Doug Gust will probably have a hand in it's design.

When Suzuki release the first snipits of information and concept drawings, I'm putting down a downpayment!!!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

umm.. didnt suzuki buy out kawasaki?
thats why all the kawi motors say suzuki on them...

Old 01-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

Not all of Kawi's motors say Suzuki on them, just a few motors that they shares through their alliance.

And no, they have not been bought out YET. they are merely allies. Suzuki is Grooming Kawasaki for purchase. When they buy them out, there probably won't be a Kawasaki, or Kawasaki will become a weird division of Suzuki.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

lol.. good plan i supose.. make kawi spend the money and make the quads nice.. the screw em when they buy em out.

Old 01-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

Are you sure Kawasaki is going to be bought out or is that just your theory? With the success they're experiencing right now on their own creations, that would be crazy.

Old 01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

well.. i had thought they were already bought.. maybe not tho.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

Suzuki Motor Co. is a massive company. They are the best selling car company in Japan and sell everything from boat engines to trucks and cars, to food, pre-fab houses, generators, etc... They could buy out Kawasaki no problem. My favorite local Suzuki dealer claims that within a few years, it looks like this could realistically happen. Of course, nothing is set in stone, but I would really like to see this happen, if Suzuki gained Kawi's entire market line, they would be without a doubt the biggest powersport manufacturer around.

From a business standpoint, it may not make much sense at first to raise the value of a company before buying them out, but due to Suzuki's size and strength, they can empower Kawi's corporate status and by buying out a very strong, profitable company, it will make them that much stronger and keep them that much more financially afloat.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:01 AM
The Facility
Default ltz450?

Neither is buying the other out nor intends to.

Both corporations had stock holder meetings before the alliance was even agreed to.

The bikes and quads that these companies share belong the corporation that holds the patents.

The new RM250F and KX250F dirtbikes.......The engine was designed by Suzuki, but built by Kawasaki. The chassis, was designed and built by Kawasaki............Kawasaki has the patents on every component of this bike despite the engine being designed by Suzuki.

We, as dealers, are informed quite often of how the alliance is impacting both companies.

Kawasaki was pissed that Suzuki was selling the Z400 four months before the green ones left the Suzuki plant.
Suzuki was pissed that Kawasaki was selling the KX250F one month before Kawi built the yellow ones.

And.........One more thing. Neither company has any legal obligation to carry on this alliance if they see it in their best interest to escape from it.

Really doesn't affect us any.............We carry both brands...........Or should I say.........Both colors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default ltz450?

Very interesting, knowsalot. I respect and value your two cents quite a bit. But I do admit I still believe what my dealer has told me holds (at least) some water. Much like yourself, they are not your average dealer.

You never know what's going to happen in the way of buy-outs and mergers in this day and age. Hell, about a year ago there was a major rumor printed in the newspaper that GM was going to buy out Daimler-Chrysler! You never know who's gonna do what when and why.

Quick Reply: ltz450?