Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Modification Files

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2000, 12:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. I started this thread to try and get organized. There have been a number of requests for the modifications. I have sent a number out but then there was some questions on what format was used.

First the text type files were either in Word or WordPerfect (i prefer). I opened them with Word97 professional at work. So I know they will work. I will convert them to Word at home once I reload Word97 since that seems to be the prefered format (not sure why since WordPerfect is a better program, but this is an ATV discussion forum so I won't go there (grin)).

The pic were mainly pcx format with one bmp thrown in.

Now I have a request.

I am trying to keep track of whom I have sent these to, but I have gotten lost with the original send and the resend because of the format.

So if those gentlemen (and in some cases I use the term loosely (grin))I sent them to would let me know who they are and if they need something resent, I would appreciate it.

I do not want to miss any requests and right now I am not sure who has been sent the files.

You can either email me at ecbaatz@snet.net or let me know here.

Also if there are any new requests, please let me let me know.

If any one has any information that they would like to add to the collection please send them my way and I will add it.

Thanks and have fun riding the only true full time four wheel drive ATV (of course its little brother is included).

------------------
Eric Baatz 1996 Suzuki KING QUAD Remember the KING Lives!!

[This message has been edited by ecbaatz (edited 01-05-2000).]

Old 01-05-2000, 09:19 AM
Range Rover

Some additional information.

I have pics of the following,

-Shifter mechanism
-Electrical Schematic
-Brake and Backup light schematic / installation
-Secondary output driven shaft
-Rear A Arm
-Cycle Country Plow installation.

Written procedures for the shifter mod and any gear start mod.

Article on some general information for the King and some accessories that others have added.

Some have been sent. If you need any of these let me know. If you need something else let me know and I will see if it is in my manual (which I recommend everyone purchase).

------------------

Old 01-05-2000, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hey ecbaatz. I think I have everything except for the secondary output shaft and the rear a-arms.

I have the pics. for the gearshifter, but they won't print for some reason. It doesn't matter about those, since I've already completed those mods. But I'd like to know how to get it to print the brake light sheet.

Thanks for the help. The only one I don't need is the snow plow. We don't get much snow down here. Thanks again..

P.S. someone told me I could get power out of it by changing pipes. Is there a big difference? What should I install on it??

Old 01-06-2000, 09:28 AM
Range Rover

Low-gear,

The Brake/backup light file and the gear shift file are in a pcx format. All you need is a program that will read pcx. I believe MS paint will.

As far as the pipes, I have not done any mods to the engine so I do not know the answer to that one.

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer it for both of us.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ecbaatz (edited 01-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ecbaatz (edited 01-07-2000).]

Old 01-10-2000, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

One thing to note on the brake/backup light file.

I did not include fuses in the drawing. However please note that in my installation, I installed a quad fuse holder (ie four) in the battery compartment. I have a fuse for the power outlet, one for the brake lights, one for the backup light and one free for what ever I decide to add.

If you install these mods please put a fuse as close to the battery possible. It is cheap protection.

------------------

Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kingquad mod files?

Hi everyone. Just bought a 91 kingquad. It has problems with throttle, if you push throttle fast, it will stall and backfire in the exhaust. If you push it very very slowly, it works. We took the carburetor off and cleaned it, but nothing changed. Even tried to shift needle up on notch, no difference.

This is very annoying and shifting back to neutral all the time to start it gets on my nerves.

Has anyone got the start in gear mod file saved somewhere? I know this post is old, but I'm desperate If not, can someone who remembers it, describe how to do it? I removed difflock pin tonight, so one mod down, start to go