Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I am outta my mind!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am outta my mind!

I have a 1989 suzuki lt 230 laying around and just figured it needed some power. I also have a 92 suzuki dr 650 keep in mind the are both running and completly functional. I want to put the dr650 motor on the lt 230 chassis. Has anyone done this? Or could i possible use parts from a suzuki quadzilla or the lt500 I think not sure on those?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

man that is a pretty dangerous idea if you are keeping the LT230 swingarm and all of that stuff stock. i'm not too familiar with bikes, but is the 650 engine a 2 or 4 stroke, either way that's gonna be really fast and really light.

good luck

Old 01-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

I know it gonna be light i was just thinking maybe extended swing arm and maybe different axel and different sprocket and of course light mod's to the motor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

You may have clearance issues with the 650. It may be too tall. I wouldn't waste a zilla motor in a 230 frame.

Old 02-01-2004, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

Why dont you just sell the two functional machines and put the cash towards what you really want.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Range Rover

If thats what you want to do then do it, i am doing somethihng similar with a 600 katana, and a 85 lt250r

Mark

Old 02-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

IMHO, it will fit pretty easily. I have a 90 model 250 quadsport frame which should be very close to yours. My engine of choice was a 75 suzuki gt 750 and fit fit quite easily. You will have to move and modify frame braces and such, but its not too difficult really. But the bike is very short from the start, so I would recommend extending the swingarm a bit. I extended mine 8 inches and all that did was make the bike almost exactly the same wheelbase length as my stock 03 z400. You probably dont need to go that long. Also. be prepared to buy different shocks to make the bike handle properly with the increase in engine weight. Luckily I found a very cheap solution. A 750gsxr rear shock with preload, comp, and damp adjustments. I figured i would have to change the spring rate, but it is dead on because of my heavy engine. I even hit a few small jumps with 2-3 feet of air with no problems(dont think it would fair well at the mx though, lol). Ebay shock price= $35 bucks shipped to my door.
The main thing to remember is to be creative and flexible. If you find a problem, think about it and work through it, dont just give up. It soulds like you will end up with a very great setup if done properly. Good luck

Old 02-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Range Rover

Thanks guys i really dont wanna sell both and buy one. I have both laying around with some time on my hands. I want this to be just for sh**'s and giggles. I want to drag race it at the local ohio valley race track and occasally try to trail ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Anybody know how easily quadzilla plastics or parts adapt to a lt230. Or what have people done about replacing the stock plastic aftermarket or custom parts off another bike?

Thanks turbojosh

Old 02-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Range Rover

{getusummm}

Man what else can i say but wow i want to ride your bike it looks awesome. Love that tac it just looks to sweet. So what's it like to ride..

Old 02-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: turbojosh
Thanks guys i really dont wanna sell both and buy one. I have both laying around with some time on my hands. I want this to be just for sh**'s and giggles. I want to drag race it at the local ohio valley race track and occasally try to trail ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Anybody know how easily quadzilla plastics or parts adapt to a lt230. Or what have people done about replacing the stock plastic aftermarket or custom parts off another bike?

Thanks turbojosh
i think your looking for a quadzilla. maybe you should find one of those without an engine and put the engine in that frame. i donno lol maybe im dumb

Quick Reply: I am outta my mind!