Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger Problems!!!

FYI for anyone that owns or is considering purchasing an Eigar. I had trouble with the belt slipping on my Eigar (automatic transmission). I took it into the shop due to it being under warranty. After the repairs were made I am told it is dirt/debris in the belt housing from riding through water and that Suzuki will not cover this under the warranty!

Now when I was looking to purchase an ATV the salesrep showed me the Suzuki sales book. It very plainly shows a picture of someone riding a Suzuki through water. And the owners manual say you can ride through 12 inches of water.

However after speaking with Brad Wright at "American Suzuki" he tells me that this repair is not covered under the warranty. It only covers problems that occur "nder normal riding conditions."

Do yourself a favor buy a product that will hold up and that the company will stand behind.

Suzuki sucks!!!

Old 02-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

wtf, thanks for nothing, now leave

Old 02-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

My dealer told me that all manufacturers do that. Any damage is not covered under warranty if the problem occurs under hard use,i.e. riding thru water. It is even mentioned in your owners manual.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not familiar with your product....but I know my rubberbander polaris will take all kinds of water riding, with no problems........did ya get too deep?.....can ya figuire out where its comming in at?......Look for some kinds of problems, cause i know your models that do hit some serious water......

Old 02-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

First of all, all belt driven autos are going to slip if any water or dirt gets into the housing. Second, water is somehow always going to get in there rather its Polaris, Suzuki, yamaha etc. So it aint just Suzuki. I have a 02 Eiger 4x4 Manuel and I have been in water over my headlights, I was riding at night and all of a sudden I couldnt see my Headlights because they were shining under water. Get a manuel if your going to do work, mud, or water riding. Autos are for Trailriding.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

WTF? 6 posts, and this is the best you could do?

My Auto has been up to the headlights several times with no trouble. She rolled over in the crick one time and after a fluid change the belt only slipped for a few minutes. I doubt anyone would cover this under warr.

If they covered sinking then they would have to cover rollover damage.

Your manual outlines the procedures to get the water out if it needs it. This machine shouldn't have been taken to the dealer to begin with, you should have drained it yourself.

They're warranted against MANUFACTURERS DEFECTS not OWNER DEFECTS!

Now take a deep breath, This is an awsome machine, take your lumps and get out there and ride er.

BTW, Suzuki doesn't really suck.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

...GO EIGER.....GO EIGER.....GO EIGER........GO EIGER.......

Old 02-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

The belt is a wear and tear type of item. Period.

Old 02-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

FYI, a auto will outproform a 5spd anyday in the mud, there was a post about this awhile back, search for it. and to suzuki's suck, love to see a honda do half of what i can, he!! they dont even put low range in em anymore, crappy honda.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

In the mud an auto can keep rpms where th power is without shifting. Try to gun and shift in the mud.

traumawave, What kinda repairs had to be made? What Did they charge you for? This couldn't have been much of a job.

Quick Reply: Eiger Problems!!!