Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

RMZ450 61+HP at the crank... sick.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004 | 07:28 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default RMZ450 61+HP at the crank... sick.

shut up guys, Tellico is right on page. The quad motor will of course be tuned down a little from the bike if they do indeed give us a new motor. No big deal as long as they don't go Honda style and re-engineer the ***** out of it.

Tellico: The RMZ250 and KXF250 seem to be doing quite well in motocross. They dominated the races I saw. I respect your rider opinion, though. However you hit the nail right on the head. It's all rider. Power is highly over rated in our sport.

From what I hear, Suzuki are interested in making an enduro version of the RMZ450. I think if this is true that Suzuki will definitely take this motor and put it in an ATV chassis. Of course not without tuning it down a little, but it will be easy to get back to the MX bike engine's specs and beyond. Unlike Honda.

Old 02-19-2004 | 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: Kracker
Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: JustinJones
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/16february04_rmz450.htm

If Suzuki doesn't put that motor in a quad... I'm going to cry.
Don't get to excited!!! If the 450 is in any way a comparison of how well the KX250F RMZ250 do in competition to the YZ250F and the CRF250R, Honda and Yamaha have absolutely NOTHING to worry about with the RMZ450 as well!!! Ive ridden both of those 250's mentioned and the Honda and Yamaha still feel more powerful!

Whatever!
Sometimes the truth hurts doesnt it, especially when your beloved manufacturer comes out with something that doesnt live up to all the hype, but only time will tell!!! DO you actually think the QUAD will have the same HP as the bikes???? I have a YZ450F and a YFZ450, I've ridden many CRF450R's and ridden the TRX450R, trust me, the power and the HP are different between the bikes and quads! Don't expect the zuki to be any different!!! You must be real blind to the fact of the statement I made earlier, cuz really, if you compare how well the KX250F and the RMZ250 does agaisnt the YZ250F and the CRF250R that it's so incredibly close that it comes down to the rider!!! Do you actaully think that with them building a production 450 engine that it will completely demolish the YZ450F and CRF450R???????????? Take that into respect when talking about the quads as well!!! If they put that engine into a z400 frame or similar type frame, handling will still go to the Yamaha and Honda!! Only a total redesign in the frame area will help the Zuki contend with the 450's 4 stroke race quads!!! Even then whats a fast quad OR bike without a good rider right???????? As I have said before in other post's, I've taken my YZ285 and raced against people with 250 2 smokers, YZ450F's, CRF450R's and even a few of the KX and CR 500's and you know what??? I beat ALL of them in the PRO/AM class, our states version of the A class! Does that make my 285 more powerful? the superior engine? NO, I outride them, I don't outrun them!!! My point in all of that is, with the quads being so close in power that it will ULTIMATELY come down to the riders input on the machine whether it wins or not!! Also to clear the confusion on the engine in the MX bike putting the same HP numbers in a quad! I'm sorry its just NOT going to happen!

You do this on every forum. We all know your story. We all know that the HP will not be the same in the Quad. And we all know that all the new quads will be so similar, that it comes down to rider skill. So put this post in your signature, so you don't have to keep typing it!

Old 02-19-2004 | 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

I like Suzukis but you get more HP off the crank than the rear wheel, on any brand!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004 | 10:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hajimoto
I like Suzukis but you get more HP off the crank than the rear wheel, on any brand!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yep, thats called the laws of physics. Drivetrain Loss.

Actually, a crank number is better to compare with, since zuki is looking at putting that engine in a quad. With the crank number you can estimate how many hp an atv driveline would take away, and give you a more accurate number than if you started with the bike rwhp and had to make 2 calculations.

I am an avid honda guy who owns a yamaha sportbike. Now i'm a yamaha guy whos excited about suzuki. Gosh I'm confused...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2004 | 12:30 AM
|
Pro Rider

I think that if Suzuki want to be competitive in the pro ranks with Yamaha, they'll use a true MX engine out of the RMZ. Yamaha stepped up to the plate big time and offered a champ out of the box. Honda's built a great weekend warrior that will be sure to be the weapon of choice for the masses and win tons of amateur races, but the pros have spoken in GNC and GNCC. Blue is their color.

It will be interesting to see what Suzuki will do, but I think we'll find out soon, I can hardly wait one bit. I hope it's a different machine than the Z400. We need an LTZ450R this year or else god help me, I think I'll go blue.

Old 02-20-2004 | 12:45 AM
Range Rover

correct me if im wrong but didnt the kxf250 win like 3 or 4 straight arenacross motos?

Old 02-20-2004 | 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vinson581
quick question, do you even own a suzuki first?, and second, with all those yamickahs i dont know why you post in the suzuki forum.

thank you.
In fact I have owned an RM125 once!!! I won several races on it!!! I'm not downing the manufacturers AT ALL, I'm simply saying the engines out of an MX bike are almost ALWAYS detuned in some manner and built internal to withstand the extra weight it will now be pushing unlike the bikes!! For instance, MY YZF dirtbikes come factory WITHOUT an airbox lid! Most quad come FACTORY "with" one!! There is a reason for that!!! Another great comparison, if you ever get the chance to see a REAL YZF motor or CRF motor in a quad frame race against the YFZ or CRF you will see the difference!! The engines may LOOK the same but that doesnt mean they RUN the same!

Old 02-20-2004 | 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: STLKR27
correct me if im wrong but didnt the kxf250 win like 3 or 4 straight suppercross motos?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but WHO was riding those machines, put Bubba in their class and see if anything other than the green 2 SMOKERS win!!! When is the last time you saw a Suzuki win in the 250cc class???? When is the last time you have seen any other brand win an overall in the 250class in the last 2 years besides Yamaha or Honda in either MX or SX????

Old 02-20-2004 | 12:58 AM
|
Pro Rider

the dead horse has officially been beaten.

Old 02-20-2004 | 08:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JustinJones
the dead horse has officially been beaten.
True

Quick Reply: RMZ450 61+HP at the crank... sick.