Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson vs. Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

I agree!!! the E is great but if you can afford the Vinnie then get it. But if you can afford the Twin Peaks then by all means get that bad boy!

Old 02-25-2004 | 04:04 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

You guys are great with all the responses.

The reason I'm debating this so much is I don't want to be disappointed with whichever one I choose. I really like Suzuki, so I think I'll stick there, but I don't want to have to buy a new machine every other year. The cost b/t the 2 is not the big deal, it's really that I want the one that'll do everything I need and well. If it's the Eiger, great I saved some money, but If I need to go w/ the Vinson to get everything I need, then I'll do that.

Eiger2, you are right, I'm leaning toward the Eiger right now b/c it seems to be able to do all I need: plenty of clearance, enough power to get me through the mud and pull a trailer when needed, and plenty of speed for me, and last but not least, an attractive price for what you get. I just want to get all my facts straight before I make the deal. I think you guys are right tho', I wouldn't be dissappointed with either.

Keep posting if you've got something else for me to consider. Thanks again.

Old 02-25-2004 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Speaking of getting through the mud, check out my pics. I found some ones from last season on my PC at work and threw them up. As you can see, the Eiger is a lot of fun.

I checked into a locker for the Eiger (due to another thread) and it runs around $350. Can't imagine the Vinny would be to much more expensive

Old 02-25-2004 | 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Those are some great pics. My wife asked me, "what? did he think he had a WAVErunner?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW the Twin peaks is the biggest thing Suzuki puts their name on. It is the cream of the class. It has everything and does everything. And that loud yellow plastic makes sure everyone knows it!!!

Old 02-25-2004 | 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

I get that a lot. There isn't a mud hole I won't try (as long as someone is there with a winch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ). Too much fun not to hit them! The Eiger has seen more and got through more than any other machine I ride with, and that's a fact!

As far as the Twin Peaks, yeah Zuki puts their name on that Kawi. I'm really interested in the new Zuki coming out later this year! Could be King of the Hill! (Although my next quad, whenever that is, will be a sport quad.)

PS, Those aren't even the big holes!

Old 02-25-2004 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

I can agree with that. We already have a very capable workhorse. I'd like to add a thorobred (??) to the stable, too.

Around here the mud can be like quicksand. One time I got stuck right at the edge of the creek, I jump off and my feet sink to my knees and I have to hold on to the quad to keep from going more. Iworked my way around and got out of the mud and grabbed a log to push under the tire. When I pushed it in it just kept going under. Then I grabbed an 8 footer and it pushed into the mud all the way too! I knew the farmer would have his tractor out and I headed off to get it. About half way there I see his tractor laying on its side on the creek bank. So I have to walk 2 miles back to camp, unload Rob's quad and wake him up to go pull me out. After we pulled out ol red, we pulled the tractor out of the mud too. This is a great winch story - if I had had one!

Needless to say we are very leery of mud. You just never know when your wheels will drop thru and yer sittin on yer skid plates.

Old 02-26-2004 | 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

the eiger is a very capable machine and is alot of machine for the money but if you have th money go with the vinny. The difference in power is huge and that power will help you get through the nasty stuff like deep mud and snow. My best friend and riding buddy bought an eiger after i took him for a couple of rides on my vinson. He ends up following me all the time especaily on snow so i can break a trail for him. Its all about torqe and the eiger just dosent have neerly as much as the vinson. Either way you go you are getting the best in their respective class and you will be happy with either one.

Old 02-26-2004 | 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

go for the vinny 100 percent, although the dimes you save on the eiger, mabey if you get into riding you will someday apreaciate the power