Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson vs. Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Hey guys, new to the forum appreciate your opinions here.

I've been looking to get a new ATV, and I keep coming back to Suzuki. I really like the Eiger, for several reasons, one being the simplicity of it. One of the guys at the dealership heres seems to prefer the Eiger over the Vinson, and I'm just trying to get some opinions from other Suzuki guys on the differences in the two. One of the reasons he prefers the Eiger is because he thinks the Vinson is too open in the front to where some of the equipment, hoses etc could be damaged easily. Have any of you run into this problem, or are there any others you could offer me. Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get some comparisons.

By the way, the main use will be for Duck Hunting, where I will be going across rice fields, stubble and all that.

Thanks

Old 02-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

KOONDOG,

I have an eiger 4X4 auto and love it. I could not be any happier. I to kicked around the vinson vs eiger and the eiger is simplicity at its best. The salesman told me about the same thing you are saying about the vinson. he also added that the front bumper system cracks easily and guys are always coming in complaining about it.

about the only reason I would suggest the vinson is if you are a serious recreation rider and you need the extra power and speed the vinson provides. I use my eiger primarily for deer hunting/scouting and casual trail riding and its just about perfect.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Welcome to the forum!

These are both first class machines. But if the only thing you want to do is duck hunt then an Arctic Cat 250 4x4 will take good care of you. The money you save could go toward the rack system they offer. You can get a blind that attaches to the racks and only takes a minute to set up and it covers the whole quad and provides a nice comfortable place to hunt from. And the AC is a very capable machine with lots-o-ground clearance.

BUT!! We all know that after a lil hunting you will want to PLAY!!! Then you will thank you lucky stars that you got that Eiger. (or vinnie). Especially when you start riding with all the new friends you are about to pick up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You would be hard pressed to find an E or a V owner with anything bad to say about either of these machines. I LOVE mine!!!!!

Old 02-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

I have the Vinson, hense the name, and absolutely love it. I had a automatic, and traded it for the Manual. lots more power, but miss the auto for plowing snow. My brother has a eiger, and he goes about 270 lbs, and the bike seems to work hard even in low gear low range. It just seems that the rpm range needs to be higher all the time. if your not going bogging, the eiger is awesome and I sold my neighbor on an auto version of the eiger and he is 350 lbs and loves it, but he only uses it for hunting birds and deer hunting and around the yard., once you start with the tires and all the bs you'll want the vinson power, so if you bog, or even think you might get the bigger bike.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

I was in the same boat you are. Everyone I spoke with had good things to say about both machines. I called all the dealers in my area for leftover 03s, and the Vinson ended up being the best deal I could find. I love it. I do agree about the extra power too. If you have it, it's there when you need it. Good luck,

Doug

Old 02-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Hey guys, Thanks for all the replies.

Couple more questions, I'll be towing a little trailer alot, and want to do that efficiently. Also, honestly, If I decide to go with the Vinson and go through rice fields with that sharp stubble, do I risk tearing it up more than I would in the Eiger?

Thanks

Old 02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

What do you mean by sharp stubble?
Maybe you need to look at the Arctic cat if you need that much groung clearance.

Old 02-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Rice is about 6 in, nothing huge, but it is sharp and if something is unnecessarily exposed it could be damaged.

Thanks for the responses

Old 02-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Is this like riding thru a corn field after harvest? Spiky things stickin up. Or something sharper? Either way you'l prolly get a bunch of flats with the stock tires. Most quads come with 2ply tires that puncture easily. You can always make guards to protect things.

Do you really want one or the other? Then get it. I think you really want the Eiger tho and are trying to justify not spending the extra money for the Vinnie. You'l not be unhappy with the E.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Vinson vs. Eiger

Hey kevin. I'm a very happy eiger owner, but the vinson seems like more of a good thing to me. More power, push button 4 wheel drive, help me here vinson owners. If they would offer front wheel locker, i'd trade my eiger in. In other words if you can afford the vinson go for it. I saw the black special edition at the dealer the other day. "just beautiful".

Quick Reply: Vinson vs. Eiger