Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

port and polish

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default port and polish

Yo Nova, its a mid-topend pipe but there is still plenty of lowend. When the powerband hits it is like it never stops pulling.

I wish I could get a pic of it up but I don't have a scanner or digital camera.....sorry

later
Superstar

Old 02-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Range Rover
Default port and polish

hey nova, there is a guy that lives about 4 hours away from me that does "the absolute best porting and polishing we have ever seen". thats what everybody i have asked about him has said. i'll be sending one of my cylinders to him pretty soon. i'll try to get a name and phone number for you if you'de like.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

Yo Scotty! You should decide on a pipe before you have the cylinder ported cause it should be done to match. Porting raises or lowers your powerband and the porting should be done so that it hits at the rpm range that the pipe works best in. Also, I've seen posts on Macdizzy where the Doc has mentioned that it's very easy to lose the bottom end when you port the 85-86 hybrid piston port/case reed engine. If you search over there, you'll find a post where he gives some 'standard' porting specs.

Old 02-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

hey sam,im getting my engine ported for my fmf fatty pipe.and martin at madman egineering has ported man 85-86 lt's.hes just going to port it so it pulls harder from bottom to the top.iv emailed the doc and he said i would be pleased with the port job martin will do for me "he knows what hes doing when it comes to 2 strokes and lt's".before I get it ported I have to get a carb,cool head,and resleeved before i get it ported but i just got a job at a gas station so i will be able to get everything done this spring-summer.and next winter i might get an lrd pipe if there less expensive as the lt500 pipes lol. i allready have a brand new fatty so im in no rush to get a new pipe!lol,but ill want an lrd later on and i just want to make sure i have one before they stop making them again!!oh yea im not paying 10 dollars for a fourm lol,i should...but everything goes to the lady,car and the quadracer.
p.s. ltkid tell me how your port job works...
scott

Old 02-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

Sounds like you've done your homework. Let us know how it runs when you get it back together.

Old 03-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

ya iv been doing my home work on lt's ever since i got it...and im not going to send my cylinder off to some one who doenst know what there doing.
i think im going to get a cool head,naby a torque line if i can find one on ebay.i need a carb too...i think ill probaly get a 36-38 keihin,if i knew more about jetting them id try to find a lectron cuz i guess there great for power!
Rait now im just starting to put my bike back together "springs coming" i replaced all the warn bushings and bearing,painted most parts,and rebuilt my top end...these bikes sure can suck the money out of your pockets fast!haha
scott

Old 03-02-2004, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

Sweet Nova, I might get a prejetted 38mm Mikuni flatslide from whitebrothers.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

I'll second what 800screws said about Eric Gorr (Forward Motion Performance). I just had him port my LT250 and Blaster, both with the accompanying headwork. Very nice workmanship, Eric is professional and will take the time to talk to you, and do the work matched for your riding.

The Blaster really came to life, and now my kid is ready to tackle the big dunes on it. The LT runs much better as well, just got it broke in and it has huge midrange and very broad powerband which is how I wanted it. Choke Cherry, I'm comin' for ya!

The price was so good it almost scared me away at first. I am totally happy.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

hey shady, id really like to get it done there, but the thing is martin owned an 86lt, and he ported it and many other 85-86 lts "which are near impossible to do" he told me his lt took a 250r once...and thats a BIG leap for an 86 lt!but if i ever get a newer lt ill either go to mme or eric.
thanks
scott

Old 03-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default port and polish

hey super star, i just got a hold of lrd "jason" and he told me that there only going to start making lt500 pipes...so if you ever decide to sell you quadracer ill give you my fmf and a fairly nice drag pipe and some more money if that wont cover it for your lrd lol!ohh yea and i saw some crazy bassani pipe for our bike yesterday...looked like it would make some power...
scott