Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

500 Quadrunner mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2000, 03:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I forgot to add that if the lift kits that are being made now increase the wear of the CV joints then why not make them like you do with jacked up trucks. Make them so you can adjust the drive angle of the front and rear differentials alignment with the driveshaft angles. While your at it start offering to lengthen the driveshafts so you don't have to worry about driveshafts popping out when lifted. If no one has had a driveshaft pop out then trust me, it ain't fun in a 68 Bronco with 8" if lift and your driveshaft was too short and the swinging shaft beats your new headers and exhaust pipes off and worse of all is that you have 10 minutes to get to school and you're 4 miles away. Sorry for the overkill. If you haven't noticed when I get started it's hard to stop.

------------------
Jeremiah Lucas

1989 Yamaha Banshee & 99 Suzuki LT-F500F Quadrunner

Old 02-01-2000, 02:32 PM
Range Rover

I just wanted to know what any of you thought about since the 500 Quadrunner is pretty darn close to running the same with a jet kit as compared to without the jet kit if just a good K&N or UNI filter would give a little shot of juice. I didn't plan on doing anything to this and I won't do any large mods to it for a while but I find myself wanting to make everything I have faster, bigger, meaner, and look better. Heck I got polished aluminum wheels on my old Chrome BMX racing bike when I was in to the motorless sports. I don't know if would even be worth changing the filter since this thing already has a lot of power but it would be a prime candidate for 27" or 28" tires or higher gears cause it just keeps on pulling and you run out of gears before you run out of power. I know 4x4s and utilities aren't made for speed but it sure is nice to go fast at whatever you do(probably why I've been on probation with the DMV for the past 2 years and 2 months with a year and 6 months to go). Oh yeah, why haven't any of the tire companies came up with a tall 27" or higher tire that had the tread design best suited to all around riding like mud, snow, hardpack, rocks, etc, etc. I want some taller tires one day but I don't have the ability to ride through vast mud pits all day long so tire wear and the ability to do well at all the other terrain conditions out there matter to me.

------------------
Jeremiah Lucas

1989 Yamaha Banshee & 99 Suzuki LT-F500F Quadrunner

Old 02-02-2000, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

You may notice more power yet after the break-in period. If you decide to go for some taller tires I suggest comparing the weight of the various styles and considering how the heavier tire will consume more power than the lighter.
Z

[This message has been edited by Zukimoto (edited 02-02-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 10:29 PM
Range Rover

Yeah I'm gonna wait till the stock tires wear out till I get taller ones. I'll probably end up going with the Blackwaters since talk is that they're the best taller tires that are good on trails and decent in the mud. I still only have about 9 hours on the quad now but it seems like everytime I ride it it feels more powerful than the last. After I put a few more hours on it I'll back off the throttle stop screw so I can open it wide open and then I'll be able to feel the full effect of the power since now the most it opens is about half throttle but it has been enough for where I've taken it and it has been up some steep and rough terrain and through 10"-14" of snow with no problem.

Old 02-05-2000, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hey venemous, the 500 is a nice machine but trust me from experience the 27" Blackwaters aren't the way to go....i had a set on and took them off...they are prone to flats and way to heavy...i am getting ready to buy a set of 26" vampires for mine they look to be the best tire around so far....if u want to know anything else give me a shout....see ya

Old 02-05-2000, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get the Jet kit!!!!!!

When Gordon owned a Suzuki 500 he put a jert kit on it. the only difference was that it waws 3 mph slower.

Old 02-16-2000, 07:49 PM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test...

Old 02-16-2000, 08:07 PM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Venomous.... I have been searching for after market mods for the LT-F500, but because it is not a very popular machine, they are hard to find.
Quite often, any performance mods, dont make a heck of a difference if you do them one at a time. (e.g. jets or filter)
High Lifter offers a High Performance Kit for the Quadrunner Lt-F500. It contains a Jet Kit, Supertrapp Pipe, K & N Filter, and a Plug for about $ 350.00.
I have no experience with this Kit, but in my opinion, if you want to see some results in performance, and you have the money, it makes sense to go with a system like this, which covers all angles at once.