Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Looking at buying a vinson 04, comments on good the bad and the ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004 | 07:20 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Looking at buying a vinson 04, comments on good the bad and the ugly

Hey looking a buying a Vinson 04 and would appreciate the good the bad and the ugly. Read a lot about it but can't seem to find any real complaints. Anyone got any real beefs?

Thanks
Piigpen

Old 03-21-2004 | 07:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

bad: Front bumper is plastic, front skid plate is plastic, feels tall, especially for a sra.

Good; power, solid auto trans, dual rear shocks, extra cubby hole, sweet alum rims, good ground clearance for an sra, roomy, headlight on the bars, easy to read guage cluster, aggressive styling.

Old 03-21-2004 | 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like somebody who rides an IRS.

On the Suzuki forum you're only going to find vinnie lovers. Try over on the yamaha forum and you'll find every fault there is with any other machine in the world.

Old 03-22-2004 | 01:16 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks that well thought input. If I wanted to run the Suzuki into the ground I would have posted on the Yamaha site. I wanted thoughtfull feed back you know there are two sides to everything, a good/bad, positive/negative, black/white.

I ride a Yamaha and own an outlander truthfully I wouldn't waste my money on a Suzuki! Was looking for a friend who thought the bike might be worth looking at.

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2004 | 02:44 AM
Trailblazer

I love mine.
Next time say your looking for a friend, not " Hey looking at buying a Vinson 04 and would appreciate the good the bad and the ugly."
If you would'nt waste your money on a Suzuki, you must not be that good of a friend for not talking him into something else.

Old 03-22-2004 | 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: eiger2
Sounds like somebody who rides an IRS.

On the Suzuki forum you're only going to find vinnie lovers. Try over on the yamaha forum and you'll find every fault there is with any other machine in the world.
Actually I just bought a new p700.

Old 03-23-2004 | 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Piigpen, I didn't say anything bad about the yamaha but you proved my point about the yamaha people running down other peoples equipment.

Old 03-23-2004 | 12:49 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

All I wanted was opinions on why people liked this bike and if there was a repeat problem that came out on everyone's opinion. I know why I liked my Yamaha and why I enjoy my Outlander, I also know what I would have changed on my Yamaha that lead me to buy my Outlander. I will say the "Vinnie" appears to be a good bike as those who have them love them with no complaints. Actually I could not find any complaints at all and am looking forward to my buddy buying this bike so I can see what it can actually do!

Ride hard and safe and thanks for the input!

P

Old 03-23-2004 | 06:52 PM
Range Rover

Eiger2 , once again ,you are sooo right ! To all, if a friend wants advice, tell him to go to ATV connection.com/forum. That's what i did. And the fact is, Yamaha makes good SPORTS QUADS. Their utilities are mini-dump trucks with knobbies. I would take a Vinson, Eiger or a definitely the NEW Twin Peaks for the money. I will talk highly about Artic Cat and even Polaris. So no one can say Eiger2 and Eigerbever are Kawazuki bias. I have noticed that the maJORITY of Yamaha owners are Yamanazi's and love to bash other products. I telll anyone who is shopping for a quad , shop around , test ride, buy what can you afford and buy what pleases you. I will state the obvious if asked, Grizzlies and Kodiaks don't impress me. I rode them, but if a person is pleased with them , so be it, buy it ride it, have fun.

Old 03-23-2004 | 08:26 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Why can't anyone get a straight answer on this site about there bike? You all seem to want to run other bikes into the ground but don't want to say what led you to purchase your Suzuki? What drew you to it, did you ride one prior, was it cost, parts, what. What doesn't work on this bike, obviously nothing as no one has said anything that is bad about it.

Preference is what drives supply and demand. So there is always going to be Yammie lovers, Honda lovers, etc. In my family we have Yamaha's. They were all horrified when I left the bunch to get a different name brand. But I did my research on my bike and found the answers I needed in this forum. Now that was an Outlander and they were much more open and willing to discuss the pros and cons of there bike.

P.

Quick Reply: Looking at buying a vinson 04, comments on good the bad and the ugly