Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson 500 bad welds/welds cracking on frames???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson 500 bad welds/welds cracking on frames???

I have a good friend who has an '03 Vinson 500 and noticed some unusual noise while riding one day. Upon further investigation and looking under the frame, he noticed that there was one joint completely broke under the engine at the frame causing all the noise and there were four other places he found that had cracked welds too.

I told hime I would ask it here for him and he wondered before calling the dealership if there is a re-call for something like this? Anyone else experience this too or have had similiar issues? I just got off the phone w/another friend who said, his friend, had found some bad/craking welds on his Vinson 500 frame too.

Again, thanks for the any additional info. regarding this issue(s).

Old 04-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

yes ,i broke the motor mount behind the carb and also the motor mount that bolts to the cylinder head .all these broke at different times ,i welded the one behind the carb but the other one on the cylinder head i left as is ,i was talking to buddy and he said he has seen 3 more bikes with similar problems, i dint hit anything hard enough to do that but it happened somehow ,there is no recall,but if enough people have similar problems they should complain like hell and let suzuki deal with it. i have a 2003 vinson too

Old 04-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

you guys arent beating on it hard enough. I beat the $hit out of mine and i think its just afraid to break. I do alot of jumping and towing and every thing else you could think of and no breaks yet.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

A buddy of mine had his frame crack also. He contacted the dealer and they told him there wasn't any recalls. He ended up getting a guy he new to weld it up for him and he hasn't had any problems since. When I bought my 04 Z back in December, I asked the dealer if he had any Z's come back with cracked frames. He said he has fixed two or three Z's, but has fixed more vinsons with cracked frames. He said there was no recall that he new of and that the first year of production for the vinsons were the ones having the problem.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

Just an update. My buddy called the dealership. They asked him to bring it in so that they could take pictures and forward the pictures to Suzuki. His vibe was that from talking w/the dealership that this might be a problem, however, the dealership never actually said that, but that they have fixed some in the past because of weld issues. Just thought this was interesting and I'll keep you posted on what happens.