Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z400 +3 A-Arms

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z400 +3 A-Arms

Ok never mind i wasn't trying to put down your a-arms i think they look good and would like it if you can explain how your bottom joint works. I know the ball joint is the weak point the way i see if iff something goes wrong it's cheap to fix anyway whatever, I meant the joints that attach your upper to the frame but i guess the ball joint would go first anyway. You can see strong arm at www.hsdracing.com

Old 05-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default z400 +3 A-Arms

they look good and its a design that has been out for along time. Its not a bad system but the lower ball joint that stye is typlically a ball joint off a truck that is not made for the abuse atvs are going to put it through. the upper a-arm doesent take the abuse like the lower. when you land off a jump the lower is the arm that absorbes the most of thhe impact so its more benifical to have a non ball joint style on the bottom and not a big deal to have one on the top. I have never seen in my experences at the mx track seen anyone break a top a-arm ball joint, but see all the time the lowers. So when I chose my a-arms I looked for one without lower ball joint style a-arms. I looked at alot of products and there are alot out there I just dident want a lower ball joint style. All the companys that run the lower ball joint style tell you they dont break but its horse poo. They are just a shear point that will break with the wrong impact not saying they are not goo a-arms by any means they are just not my choice. Tbr is not the only company that has this style of a-arms there are alot of people I just chose them because me and a couple frends put in an order together and saved a few dollars. Look around at all the differenet companys there is alot out there Im not saying that your makeing a bad choice that the a-arms arent worth it Im just telling you what you could face coming off a jump wrong or when bumping a tree in a tight trail.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default z400 +3 A-Arms

huh they still called me back bit if its true that really sucks. What happened to them? I havent heard anything latelly about them. more info would be good.