Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.

Here is my wife's Vinson LE with the Kimpex Bumper

Kimpex Front Bumper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.

It looks great, have u seen the warn bumper for the vinson, i'm afraid it will cut some air flow to the radiator

those skids r they frem ricochet?

and i like the tires what brand and mesure r they?

Old 06-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yea they are Ricochet skids, the tires are mudlites 26x10x12 fr. 26x12x12 rr. on black c-series rims

Old 06-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

I definitely need a bumper/brush guard. A few weeks ago I was riding on a trail and we came up on a tree that had fallen over the trail. As I was riding through it trying to keep the branches off of me a spider got on my arm and latched on. I immediately took my hands off the handlebars to knock it off and roled right into a tree and cracked the front plastic piece. It isnt completely broke all the way through and its pretty hard to see unless your looking for it but it's still one of those things that bother you. I'll get some pics of my vinson in the daylight tomorrow, it rained all day today so I didnt go out much.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

comparing the ricichet skids of stainless with shortcut, one as a hole for the winch the other not do u have to cut it to install the winch?

hey stainless lucky u here in portugal not a drop of rain its full summer here i'm tired of all this dust. I MISS THE MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shortcut those tyres look awsome do they cut top speed? how much?

Old 06-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

i really think that kimpex bumper adds to the appearance, and is not overkill on the bikes good looks imo. i havent ordered the other frount bash plate yet, because i noticed the ones you guys have block the winch, and i cant have that, i am going to get the factory suzuki aluminum one, after a clutch kit of course.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

The vinson is my wifes quad and we have no intention of putting a winch on it. I believe you can order the ricochet for a winch set up. The 26" mudlites are an awesome tire for all around use, I dont know if it affected top speed, haven't had a need to go that fast

Old 06-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Shortcut

do u have a side picture of your vinson, would like to see the fender distance with those tyres, do they rub the fenders?

thanks in advance

Old 06-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

now that is one nice vinson!!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ruca

do u have a side picture of your vinson, would like to see the fender distance with those tyres, do they rub the fenders?

thanks in advance
Here Ya Go... and No they don't rub!

Vinson Side View

More Vinson

Quick Reply: Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.