Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.

After bending my a-arm last weekend I decided I should invest in some skid plates (which I bought from a place recommended by members of this forum, thx). I went ahead and bought the whole package because it was best for the price instead of buying each individually. I just got done putting them on and I'm not for sure if I like the way the front bash plate looks. I had to remove the plastic piece to put it on and it makes the Vinson look like the whole front end is opened up. I tried to get the plastic piece to fit over it but it won't. How important do you'll think that front bash plate is? Here are some pics so you'll can tell me what you think. The pics were just taken tonight so the pics are not very bright.
Vinson Skid Plates

Old 05-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.

i think the frount end looks sick, the shroud in the frount is different than others i have seen. all the aftermarket + suzuki ones look the same, that one looks universal?

Old 05-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

I am not for sure if it's universal or not. Here is the link where I purchased them from.http://www.atvoutfitters.net/ricochet_skidplates.htm

Old 06-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi
i just ordered the full set too, but i'm from portugal so their on their way about 2 weeks to get here, do u have anymore pictures i could see?

beside the front look wich i agree could be better what is your opinion of the plates?

do u have to remove them to chage the oil?

tks

Old 06-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

To be honest the skid plates look alot better in the day light. Makes the machine look meaner. Those pictures don't do it any justice. I'm happy with them and I'm sure they have already saved me a few times over some big rocks. What other kinds of pics are you looking for? I could take some this weekend.
And yes, it has a hole for the oil plug. Shouldn't ever have to take them off for regular maintenence.

Old 06-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think it looks better!

but thats just me.

Old 06-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

dude, I think the whole thing looks freakin awesome

Old 06-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do u have any pictures in the daylight?
i was getting worried i saw your pictures one day after i order my skids and they do not look that good at night
cant wait to get them so i can see them instaled
what about the winch is it a warn?
i'm looking at the warn bumper wath do u think of it?

Old 06-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Now all you need is a kimpex front bumper

Old 06-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

where can i see one installed on a vinson the kimpex site does not show a picture of it installed

Quick Reply: Just added skid plates to my Vinson, not for sure if I like the looks of the front-end.