Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

General King Quad subject!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000 | 05:37 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hey, I noticed that there isn't many new posts, so...... I made this for people to add anything you want about the KIng Quad.

long live the king, baby!

00 king quad
97 honda 300 4x4

Old 07-31-2000 | 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

well... king quads go about 45 up hill but downhill they go about 60. They spin a lot in 2 wheel drive. They sound like a girl screaming when starting up. They look wierd. They are awsome 4-wheelers though!

00 400ex - ac mudscreen front bumper, nacs headlight covers

http://www.geocities.com/cory_14/

Old 08-01-2000 | 09:44 PM
Range Rover

I should have bought a HARLEY instead...Just jokeing.Ive got a 97 and other than the fact it's slower than snot i like what it can do.But i will say that when it comes time to buy anouther quad,i will keep the KQ and probly get a SP500....BOB

Old 08-01-2000 | 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

ya better keep the KQ!!! you'll need something to ride while the SP's in the shop heheheh

Old 08-02-2000 | 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

I love my KQ. I don't think it does anything great except keep going. It has been the topic of many a razing, on many an outing, but dam this thing just keeps going. There is a couple things I have been curious about though. First this thing and a friend's KQ always sounds like they are breaking down under full throttle. Any ideas, or do they all do that? Full throttle on the road seems great, but in mud it is like they won't open up ... like the fire is weak, or it isn't getting enough gas. Secondly I had it serviced and they cleaned the carb out, which they say it didn't need. Ever since I have to turn the gas off because it will leak out the back of the carb and all over the starter and tranny case. I asked them if it was the needle valve, or seat and they say it is fine. It never leaked before. Any ideas?

Old 08-03-2000 | 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

Have you even ever owned a sp500. It seems that the most people i talk to that are making fun of Polaris are just Jealous or/and have never owned a Sp500. MY SP500 has never left me stranded in the woods or has it broke a consectutive number of times. Only thing that has broke is ........

NOTHING

Old 08-03-2000 | 01:30 PM
Range Rover

Please apologize for my confusion. I thought the topic was "General King Quad subject!!!" so you could tell me where the discussion of the polaris quad comes in?

After all enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2000 | 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

can a person make a joke on this forum????

Old 08-04-2000 | 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Wiley, check the screw clamps on each end of the carb. The dealer may not have tightened them properly. Though this sounds a little unusual, the carb does have a little gasoline left in it after shutdown. However, if you have to shut the regulator off to stop the flow of gas, it's likely you have a problem with the regulator in itself. The dealer could easily miss it if it takes some time to over flow. Look in the air box next time you run it, after a good warm up. See if there's gas in the air box. If there's just a little, it's normal. But if you have, say, half an ounce or so, I would say, take it back to the dealer and politely ask them to check it for excessive fuel consumption. Then come back to this forum and tell us, Chuck was wrong as usual... :0)
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

Old 08-06-2000 | 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your dealer's technician inadvertently did one of two things.

Misadjusted the float level

Damaged the inlet valve needle and seat

As far as pulling in the mud... that is normal for a King Quad. (lack of torque)

Quick Reply: General King Quad subject!!!