Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need some legal advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some legal advice

Typically, I would agree that you gotta take responsibility for your actions. However, there are so many idiot cops running around that if you can get out of this one because the dumbass didn't what street he was on, I say go for it. As said before, call a lawyer. First consultation is usually free.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Um...Stop trying to get out of your tickets...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'm 19 years old, and paying for your tickets is the only way you'll learn...between the ages of 16 and 17 I got 5, then my license was suspended for 6 months...my in surance on a 2002 COROLLA (4-banger 125Hp 4-door) is 490 a MONTH..granted I have full coverage, but thats what I pay...learn your lessons now, and stop messing up. You sound relieved that your mom got the tickets...but your moms insurance is jacked up now...Yes, the technicality of the street name may help you out, but not likely...and the 80mph is called a "police estimate" ..basically, even if your atv doesnn't go 80 it doesn't matter...a PE is when they don't have a radar gun on you, but can obviously tell that you're speeding...one time i was going about 6 over, and the police estimate was in between 4 and 21 mph over the speed limit...they always take the largest number, so my ticket was 21 over lol...the law sucks man..get used to it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like the officer could have got you for trying too evade him as well.

Old 06-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Range Rover

Man you got it worst than i did BAD. I was riding and i was going 55 the cop came out of nowhere pulled me over patted me down took my key handcuffed me and left my bike there. I was only 15 so he made me go see my mama. she said that the cop was stupid and she had to go drive my bike home. NO tickets just imberessment.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

See a lawyer. Ignore all of these dudes telling you to "take your medicine" . The underage ticket may be big trouble. In NJ that underage ticket will prevent you from getting your licence untill you're 21.

Defend yourself the best you can. By all means pay your penalties, but AFTER you do your best to minimize the fines. If all else fails, contact the prosecutor and talk to him about reducing the charges, often this helps.

If you were a cop's kid, you wouldn't have gotten the tickets. If your dad was a congressman, the charges would be reduced. Your mom is a tax payer, defend yourself.

Old 06-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Sounds like the officer could have got you for trying too evade him as well.
what do u mean what did i do to evade him
so getting pulled over on my atv at 15yrs old will stop me getting my license til im 21 that doesnt make sense does anyone know if this is true or not

Old 06-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

If it legal advice you are seeking dont ask us!!

Consult a lawyer before you see the judge.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you were "running in excess of 80mph", then I would have never stopped. LOL.

And as a matter of fact, the 3 times I have been chased by the law I have yet to stop, and wouldn't under most any circumstance.

Old 06-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

i wasnt running at 80mph that was just how fast i go when im on an open road and the conditions are safe. i really couldnt have ran bc i had to go somewhere and the only trail i was near runs along the side of the road and then goes back on the road to meet another trail. then i have to go onto another road and cross a highway(219) couldnt really go anywhere

Old 06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

this is what i always like to argue about. around where i live the cops are so stiff on atving its crazy. just 2 days ago i was going to meet a friend to go riding and like a minute after i stoped on the trail beside him a cop plls up while were talking. there were also two younger dirt bike riders from the neiboring town who we were just chatting with. he comes over and sais theres been a noise complaint and that a red quad and orange and green quad were spotted riding together. i felt like nockin the bastard out because thats impossible i new i had just got here and that the other quad was sitting there for 5 mninutes before. but i kept my cool and and told him i jus got here and hes sais uhuh ya right. so i got him to call my parents and they said i had just left. so he turned all red and then went to the other kids and was going to give them underaged riding fines. i am half of a month of turning sixteen and he said to bad but i convinced him of letting them go sice they had no pick up. he even checked if i had a spark arrester and how loud, and esurace, and aproved helmets. just tried to nail us. in the case of some things in the law all it does is teach you how to be smarter and get around it. not learn your lesson. it gets really old really fast. anyways ya thats bull 80mpg

Quick Reply: need some legal advice