Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Restoring My Quad .. Check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring My Quad .. Check it out!

Ahhh ... Finally . Im getting there! What do you think i should add to it? check out current pictures at http://www.kinzuacountry.com/project250/. Thanks

Old 06-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

wat kind of paint did u use on your engine? i think it looks really good so far.

Old 06-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

I used Heat Ready Aluminum color heat paint. But before I did that, I took off all of the previous heat paint that was applied. (flat black . Yuck!) Every day i strive to do something new to it .. but sandblasting and powder coating beats the heck out of you. (especially the sandblasting. Ouchy!)

Old 06-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

It looks pretty good so far ......... but I would correct your introduction about the '89 being a 230cc
it was a 250 also, I'm sure of that cause I bought a brand new one in that year and thats what it had as well. But yeah it's lookin good.. let us see it when it's done !! I would go with a wider
surface tire though maybe not a low profile although I had "Holeshots" on mine and it did fine in the woods. I like the front hood it sorta looks like the racer kinda, thats not the stock one is it??

Old 06-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

The hood is stock . it was just painted yellow.. I was thinking about getting Holeshot tires. i measures the lips of the rims from lip to lip and it measured 9 inches. Is there even a 9 inch rim ?

Old 06-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

It should be stamped inside the wheel what size they are it's not gonna stick out at ya ,
ya gotta squint to see it. I ended up getting a whole new tire & wheel kit from Ronnies
it was cheap enough probably still is ...thank god I only live like 20 - 25 min from their
warehouse saved on shipping charges! Lookin at your bike really makes me miss mine big time!!
That was an excellent ride for sure !!

Old 06-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

lookin good!!......how long you think it will take?

Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

hey what kind of paint is that u used on the plastic? and what is that engine painted silver or insainly clean?

Old 06-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

they should be 9 x 9 thats what mine was on my old quad sport 250

Old 06-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

The fenders are painted with Krylon Fusion. I guess thats supposed to be the best paint for plastic. No, lol. The engine isnt polished. It was sanded smooth, and then painted with 2 coats of Heat Ready Aluminum Color Heat Paint to give it the illusion that it was polished. I was actually going to get it professionally polished, but i decided not too. And I could have polished it myself, But i didnt want to go through the a pain stakingly long process that I would rather not endure. Anyways, Thanks for the rim size. I knew they were 9 inches tall, but i didnt know what the width of it was, but now i know now, so I can get my holeshot tires. Thanks! It will probably take me about 2 weeks to finish it, 3 weeks at the max because sandblasting and powder coating takes a long time, and with like a zillion pieces, its harder. lol

Thanks again for your guys's suggestions and comments, and I would just like to say ... Keep Em' comin'! lol Later

Quick Reply: Restoring My Quad .. Check it out!