Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

750 Brute Force vs. 700 King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 750 Brute Force vs. 700 King Quad

Oops! My bad. I guess Kawi learned their lesson on the struts. I would assume all of the shocks on the KQ are adjustable too. As the Shocks on the Vinson are. EFI, IMHO will be a great addition. Once the aftermarket makes tuning modules...........YEE HAAA!

Old 07-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Both look awesome but I'm leaning toward the King Quad with EFI and it's a few hundred cheaper. Can't wait to see them in action!

Have any of you Vinson riders ever try any IRS machines? If so what did you think about them? When these monsters hit the dealers I'm thinking of giving my Vinson to my wife and getting one.

Old 07-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I was wanting a BF but since they did not install EFI I will be taking a look at the KQ.My concern is the amount of vibration this thing could have.My buddies Grizz and the RIncon have alot at idle especially.A 700 single seems pretty large.I do hope it handles more like a Rincon and not like a Grizz.....
02 650 camo

Old 07-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

what can a 750 do that a 700 really cant i mean come on 5 years ago 400's gt around the same terrain big bores do today, i would get the 700kq bc of looks, ergonomics,,,,and i dont like vtwins, althought im a littly weary of efi, battery dies, quad dies, need a big battery.

Old 07-05-2004, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

well i would want my ute to be fast like a sport quad, and from the beginning...that v twin ( even the 650 version ) was always the fastest and best handling. I always thought the perfect 4x4 would the the prairie 700 with IRS...Well, the brute force is that, plus 50cc. And its only 4 lbs heavier...That is definately my dream ute quad right now. Unless the king quad is just as fast and handles just as well...my opinion stays the same.

Old 07-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

AMEN LT2FIDDY!!! I haven't been on a KQ700 yet, and I'm sure they are GREAT quads, but the Brute Force, VERY fast, VERY smooth and comfortable and sounds awesome.

Old 07-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

See.......being a 650 owner this makes the decision harder.There is no doubt the brute is going to be awesome (or is).I have a feeling they will string it along for a year or two THEN offer EFI.I am surprised at the question of durability of EFI.Some of these guys act like it just came out.It will be reliable (as it already is) and will make things nicer for us guys who use these for other things than just going fast.I am a pilot and fly fuel injected planes and that is the last thing I worry about having a problem with while in the air.I will ride a BF before buying though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].I am a true lover of the v-twin......smooth and torquy!!!!!!!!!!!!
02 650 camo

Old 07-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Get the BF, you won't be disappointed!!!

Old 07-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Perhaps I can help shed some light on this question. I have two close friends who are in ATV industry and have ridden both the new King Quad and the Brute Force. I will share with you what they have told me.

They both stated that each machine will appeal to different market segments. Once you have ridden both machines a few things jump out at you: 1) the KQ sits lower, has a more comfortable seat and very comfortable ergonomics. The BF has a more upright riding position and clearly “feels” more top heavy as you sit on both machines. Depending on whether Suzuki stays with the pre-production engine specs or decides to de-tune it will be the deciding factor in a drag race between the P700, BF750 and the KQ700. Keep in mind that they never actually raced side by side, this is just a guess on their part but both had the same opinion. In pre-production mode, on flat ground all three are pretty much even; however, if Suzuki does de-tune the engine for the production model the advantage will go to Kaw in this category.

The biggest issue was the IRS’s on the KQ and BF. Both once again agreed on their opinions. Despite the relationship between Kaw and Suz it is very clear that both companies designed their own IRS and they did not share technology in this area. The King Quad suspension “may be” the best IRS on the market – PERIOD! Both quads rode nice on flat ground and in the mud; however, a big difference surfaced when they rode the quads in the woods. The KQ’s suspension shined and had a much more sport feel to it and very, very little body role. They both compared the BF to the Grizzly but not quite as tipsy but very similar handling characteristics. Both felt that Kaw missed the mark when designing their suspension for aggressive woods riding; however, both commented that they felt Kaw was attempting to appeal to a different market since they have the P700 in their lineup. Granted Suz has the Twin Peaks but Suz was clearly attempting to build a quad that was purely “Suzuki’s” design to take on the P700. One of my buddies made the comment that the Suz's wider stance, even though it's only an inch or so, seems to make the KQ feel much more stable.

They feel that the EFI could be the most significant difference between the machines and that it may just give Suzuki the overall edge. Like they said it will depend on how one plans on using the machine with the Kaw being more “farm” and “work” oriented and the Suz designed for more aggressive riding. Both machines had very good finishes and both looked much better in person then they do in pictures. The KQ's “Vinson” style third head light drew very positive comments and Kaw’s dual head light is an improvement over the traditional two light machines. Both riders preferred the lever style diff lock on the Kaw over the push button on the Suz. They also felt that the Suz "water proof" fender storage department was an advantage over Kaw's fender net version. Why? As silly as it sounds they prefered the Suz storage because your stuff has a 100% better chance of staying dry over the net style on the Kaw where everything is garanteed to get wet and dirty. Two unique designs, two unique machines.

I can also tell you a few tid bits: 1) Elka is working on after market shocks for both machines, 2) OMF will offer bead locks in the proper off set and bolt pattern for the machines and a company I am not at liberty to name at this time is designing after market bumpers, skid plates, etc for both machines. Companies have noticed the popularity of the Utility Class in events such as the GNCC, 12 Hours of America and regional hare scrambles and are attempting to tap that lucrative market. This company has provided our race team with several custom parts for both of our machines that we race in endurance events, and this coming weekend at the John Penton GNCC race in Ohio. For the first time it will be much easier to setup a utility machine to run these types of events.

Based on the feed back I just ordered a Suzuki to see how competative it can be against the P700's we are currantly racing. It should be interesting but don't expect any feed back untill sometine in Sept when the KQ is scheduled for release. I hope this information helps.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hell YEAH!! Just hearing people talk about the new KQ gives me chills... definitely going to be my next ride (in a few years)
EFI is the wave of the future... 20 years ago! It's about time it got to the mainstream ATV market.

Quick Reply: 750 Brute Force vs. 700 King Quad