Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Question on fliping front wheels inside out

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004 | 09:23 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Question on fliping front wheels inside out

Whats is the trick on flipping the front rims inside out for more wheel stance what do you do with the valve stem?I know it wont clear the front brake cal. on the LT250R

Old 08-23-2004 | 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

You need either flush mount stems (JC Whitney carries them I'm told) or .. invert the original stem location (use a new stem though ) and drill a new location on the other side of the rim, and put in a new stem. I looked at doing this on my Warrior and figured it just wasn't worth the hassle for my style of riding .. You can also get wheel spacers too relatively cheap.

Old 08-23-2004 | 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

You can also use a couple of washers on each lugg extend it out even more. I had to do this with a few ice racing tires that were inverted. I just had enough room to clear the caliper with 2 washers on each lugg.

Old 08-23-2004 | 10:41 AM
|
Trailblazer

Thats what I'm looking to do I have some xtra front tires and rims that I want to set up for Ice Racing w/ice screws and dont want to use my MX Holeshots on 4+1 rims.

Old 08-23-2004 | 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZigZilla
You can also use a couple of washers on each lugg extend it out even more. I had to do this with a few ice racing tires that were inverted. I just had enough room to clear the caliper with 2 washers on each lugg.
Don't do any jumping with that setup! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The more washers you add, the more leverage that's tyring to break that lug nut.

Old 08-23-2004 | 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

sam250 is correct, but for oval or tt ice racing, this should be fine. Make sure you put a little locktight on the lugg and tighten her down, just to be safe.

Old 08-23-2004 | 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Take out the original valve stem and put it in backwards, so the fill valve is inside the tire. Drill a new hole on the other side and put your valve stem in the normal way. No special parts needed.

Old 08-23-2004 | 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

i just went and looked at my front ice race wheels and LT250Rodney is correct. We turned the old valve stems inside out and drilled new holes for replacement stems on the other side. I still needed to use the washers to clear the underside of the old valve stems from hitting the caliper.

Old 08-23-2004 | 09:23 PM
Range Rover

just look at my warrior, i did that and it made the front go from 39 inch wide, to 43 inch wide, it made a big difference, and i flipped my back wheels and the back went from 43 to 46 inch wide

Old 08-24-2004 | 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

how far out on the hub do you want to move the wheel?
to many washers can break studs off, seen it happen before not a pretty site
if you want to extend the wheel from the hub why not find wheel spacers
highlifter and durablue makes them and there not to much $$$$

Quick Reply: Question on fliping front wheels inside out