Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

what do u think of this idea...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u think of this idea...

I am looking into an oil-cooler and I found a universal one made by perma-cool. Is this a good idea or not. I was also going to combine that with the heat fighter kit from high lifter products that comes with heat shield wrap and oil treatment to lower opperating temps. And while I have your attention would jet kit w/o airbox lid and adding rev box give me decent power and Are works shocks worth the $500?

Old 09-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

OH and all of this will be going on a Z250

Old 09-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I am interested in the works shocks also.
Does anyone know if they will make any kind of racing parts for the Z250? (extended axle and arms)
I know its just a 'beginner quad' or what ever, But I want a wider stance for this machine.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

I also know that it is a bigginer quad but sooon I will not have time or money to get a 400 so I think it would be outright sick to have a little 250 that has big enough ***** to hand stock quads there a$$!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It would be sooo nice...

Old 09-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider

Oil coolers are a PITA to install and don't help unless you are overheating the motor. A hot motor runs better, untill you reach the overheating temp. I don't think a rev box on a stock motor with a open lid, and jet would net you a lot of performance. How long to you plan to keep the 250? You are looking at 700 with the rev box, cooler, and shocks. That's make a nice down payment, or a start for a z400 fund.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Really??? Have you had a bad experience with putting an oil cooler on? I know it would make a nice down payment on a 400 but I would not be able to continue payments steadily as I do not have a very consistent income yet, and I dont want my parents to have any kind of stress caused by an issue like that. They have enough to deal with, let alone their son ruining their credit. I would like to keep the 250 until I am like 17 or so. by then I will be able to keep up on payments for a Z400 on my own.

Well the thing that really bothers me about my quad is that I have know idea exactly how hot it is . IHAVE NO WAY TO TELL IF IT OVERHEATS. and that really REALLY bothers me because I am a freak about taking care of all the engines that I own or that are under my care. I take pride in my engines lasting performance because I have many compliments about the state my 250 is in still. Do you know of a way to tell if it is on the verge of overheating or even able to tell if it overheats. I mean I know my motor and I know how it should feel when warmed up and everything and I am constantly evaluating how it is running out on the trail but I still would like so way to reassure myself...

Old 09-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

no offence man but what kind of bikes are you talking about handing there a$$ to them a 250ex? a pipe/airlid rmoval/jet kit/revbox isnt going to make you that much faster. yeah you will notice some gain but you still aint gonna be able to beat a 300ex or anything! but hey what do i know im just 16. thats just my 2 cents

Old 09-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

None taken. I am not thinking that just those mods will give me that kind of power. Those are just for starters. When I get enough money more major motor mods will follow but for right now I am more worried about getting the suspension up to par so that it can handle what I am dishing out to it. Speed isnt everything, it helps, but is not everything. I have taken bigger quads back in tight woods with the 250 being just the way it is now. Maybe they just weren't as experienced with their machine. Or maybe I am just a crazy dumba$$ when I am riding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

I've never installed a cooler on an atv, but have on small power equipment. If it was a specific bolt on kit it wouldm't be bad. But if you have to do some drilling and tapping, it can be a pain. There are small air cooled temp gauges that have a temp sender that goes under the spark plug. Usually when you overheat the motor loses a bunch of power.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

If you can tell me where to get a temp. gauge like that I will forget about the oil cooler. I would actually like to not have an oil cooler because of the risk of leaks in the lines or knicks in the hoses...etc. Could cause more harm then good if you know what I am trying to say.

Quick Reply: what do u think of this idea...