Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

problem with neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with neighbors

i have neighbors across the street that will call teh police on us for anything if we playing basketball at 8 oclock at night they will call. one time i went to get ride of some bees at aroudn 8:30 n i was quie n evrything n they called on me(just to let u no how these people are) well anyways they called the cops and told them wenever we went riding thyd tell them so they cud come n get us n the cops would wait were we go in to teh trails. the traisl we go on belong to the farmer next door who is a family firnd. he told us we cud go riding there there were just some spots we cudnt were he planted his stuff. so we go staight from my porpety into the trails. so the cops came one day n we todlo them we had permisssion from the farmer he talked to the farmer n sed yah. so he went to tell the people n they got all angry they came over to my house yelling that even if he sed yes we cud if her and her husband say no we cant. we arent braking any laws or anything. what would u do

Old 09-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

id tell the neighbor to shutup and get off my property. there probly just jealous you have ATV's and they dont

Old 09-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ignore em, cops will get tired of them soon....My neighbors are the same way man.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

well ive always had 2 strokes so im guessing probably the noise mayb bothered them even tho they only herd it wen i warmed it up n the 10 secodns it took to get in the woods. well now i have a z400 so hoefully they will be cool with it now

Old 09-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

usually its the noise that bothers people.what else could it be?although some people just like to complain or dont like to see others having fun.i call those people FUN BUSTERS.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Depending on where you live and what kind of ordinances you have there, then you might be wrong. If you have what some areas consider to be noise polution even during daylight hours you might be breaking the law. As for after 8pm also you might be in violation once again. To get to the farmers land do you t any time ride on a road? Check into these things and then if you still in the right try being overlly nice all the time to them. If you can acsess the farmers land from your back yard then try pushing your quad around back before starting it. I ride a lot, and ride out my development without complaints. However my neighbor across the street will anoy me by firing up his Banshee and Raptor sometimes because he does it to early or to late in the day and I am an enthusiast for our sport. Also don't do like him and ride wheelies in front of the houses believe it or not this will not impress most homeowners, in fact it will turn them into aggrvated people who are just waiting for you to mess up so they can bust you. Just cross your T's and dot your I's

Old 09-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

no the cops in our town told us before 10 o clock there is no law againt noise ploution. and they checked my quads ad said it wasnt to loud. and i go straight form my yard to the farm. even teh cops said what i do is ok. but they say becasue they are tax payers that im not allowed to ride them where they say i cant even if it is not their property.

Old 09-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

just do it anyway, if your not breakin a noise law, and your not on there property, they cant do $hit.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Start riding there every single day. If you don't touch the road, private property that you aren't allowed on, or go out past 10pm you are in the right. These people will continue to bother the cops, until the police tell them that they aren't to ever call them again to report someone who isn't breaking any laws. After they "cry wolf" so many times they can get fined. These people are, in fact, harassing you, and if they continue, I'd call the police on them.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

How about being nice and even nicer than you want to them, then invite them over for a barbaque or something. After you get on a friendly basis with them casually show them your atv and see if you can spark an intrest. Maybe if they see the fun for thierselves they would change thier tune. Also have you tried pushing your quad around to the back of your house yet, to lower the noise that they hear?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: problem with neighbors