Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2005 king quad Just how much performance loss are we talking about

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 king quad Just how much performance loss are we talking about

hellyeh, I don't know everything. However, the facts do not suggest that what your dealer took to the pulls was a production one.

I have been following this king quad on all the forums. This one does not appear to have people that are remotely as informed as some of the other ones. The guys on highlifter have a whole lot more knowledge about it.

People that been riding the preproduction models around for weeks, including dealers.

However, the first KQs only seemed to have arrived in boxes yesterday. I suspect the first production KQ will be test ridden today.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hellyeh... Ibeleive that Nyroc is right. It as to be one of the preprod. I have spoken with someone here in Quebec...the only one from Quebec who was at the Mattawa KQ lunch. He said that the first thing he tried along with a couple of guys was to put it on the pavement and try to wheelie...it wouldn't. He said they did like the SP700 (it misses when my friend try to lift the front. He also sais that the power is not there fast but constant. One of them was hitting a top speed of only 105 KM when is could do 120KM on pavement. He said that on the 25 quad they had for testing that week they had to change 18 wheels because people where riding them very hard. He also told me that not one machine could of taken the beeting and could of follow them at the speed they where going. He told me that the suspension was amaizing.

I am also waiting to bye a KQ. I bougth my first quad (KVF650) because of what Nyroc was saying at the time in this discussion forum. I just hope that the detuning will just be a simple program to change(like one suzuki rep told the reporter in on review)

Old 09-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't see what the hype is about when you can go out and buy a Kawasaki Brute Force right now. Why bother waiting for a single when you can have a twin, unless you are a dingle, and don't have a clue.

I have a BLAST trying to keep the BF front end down when I whack the throttle. I think the King is dead.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Alucard
I have a BLAST trying to keep the BF front end down when I whack the throttle. I think the King is dead.
I ride in places that the high center of gravity and the rearward position of the center of gravity on the brute force would get me killed. The brute is just not an option for me. Not to mentioned the burned legs, mud in airbox, creaky rear wheels, unpredicatable 4x4 shifter, and more. Talk to kisssofdeath and he will tell ya.

For me it is not all about power. If it were, the BF would be the ticket. However, I don't waste money on the first bucket of bolts that can do a wheelie. I do a lot of research first to find out which has the best overall set of features.

If the KQ is gutsy, I will get it. If it is too far detuned, I will , decline, desist, de-purchase, or go de-looking somewhere else. MAybe wait to see if yamaha will make something worth riding.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Thats kinda they way I am Nyroc......I just have to believe that Yamaha has plans.They are always trying to stay competitive and I have a hard time believing that now is no different.......heck after hearing all this I am thinking the P700 is sounding like a real good replacement for the trusty 650.
BTW.....one MAJOR reason for getting the KQ vs the BF is the EFI..........thats why.
02 650 camo

Old 09-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Instead of efi ,you could add holtzman attac system, compensates for temp.,and altitude.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Tyr
Trailblazer

BTW.....one MAJOR reason for getting the KQ vs the BF is the EFI..........thats why.
Fair enough I suppose...however, some of us actually prefer carbs. EFI is not a big
deal to everyone.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Thats true TYR...some of us live where it gets a little colder than it does in Ole Miss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].I know during those cold mornings during deer season EFI will be nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
02 650 camo

Old 09-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Tyr
Trailblazer

LOL, just about anywhere is colder than here in "Ole Miss". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Range Rover

Were both of these quads running the same tires during this pull, power means nothing when your tires suck!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2005 king quad Just how much performance loss are we talking about