Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Banshee motor in a LT250R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee motor in a LT250R?

and as for the advice this guy needed, dont buy a honda 250r cause they are overpriced,and are really only worth it if you are going to flat out over modify it and race. Tecates are nice but are rare and harder to find parts for and generally cost more than lt's. If your just wanting more power,its not a wise choice to go swaping motors,your geting into a whole barrel of monkeys there. just go find a good condition 87-92 quadracer,put a pipe on it and jet it right,and you wont be disapointed at all. ive been ridiing my two banshees for a couple years,and i switched to a 87-lt250,and even though slower,i can ride it way faster in the trails than my banshees,cause for one it has WAY WAY more USEABLE power,and just flat out handles better,and i love it way more than the banshees,and any 400ex ive ridden for that matter

Old 10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I qualify to answer to this thread since we own one of all the atvs talked about here.The banshee does one thing great, it goes fast in a straight line. They also make good duning machines if your thumb can hold out long enough. Aftermarket shocks do great things in the ride department for them

The 250R (330 in my wife's case) is no doubt a fast great handling machine. If you get one that's been raced hard, then prepare to take it down to the frame and gusset the weak spots as they will crack in a few places. You can sink 1500-2000 pretty quick in a big bore motor with aftermarket cylinder, but the power gain gives you big smiles. The downfall? Dig deep into your pocket book for almost anything you buy for these.

The LT250 Suzuki is an all around great quad. I have been mountain trail riding, dune riding, and even won a couple of drag events with it paying for about half of what I have in it. It is hard to extract a huge amount of power and aftermarket places are not real friendly to them. Some sort of better suspension is almost a must if you put a lot of seat time on one. They need help in that department. But overall the LT250 is a great quad that will fit most bills for people and dont cost a lot of money to buy.

Old 10-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

sorry stang, I'm having problems loading vids. I want to have a full set of the 2-stroke kings. I already have my two tecates and I also have a motorless 89' LT, well it needs a little more than a motor.... so all I need now is a trx.
oh yea I would also like to find a zilla, but hay who dosen't. I just need to race one for slips........lol did that step on anyones toes. That is the whole reason I built my 540, I always wanted a Lt500 but couldn't find one for sale so I built something a bit faster.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:30 AM
Pro Rider

well im not calling you a liar stang,its just wierd to me cause i own both quads,and your quadracer is friggin sweet looking,and mine looks like poopy. im on your side though pal,i think banshees for trails and motocross really blow the big one,im just saying that they are not slow

Old 10-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow.. i cant believe this stupid Fuc* is still here. why hasnt he been removed? im seriously able to imagine a little god damn kid typing this crap cause his daddy has a banshee.. I RACED A STOCK BANSHEE WHEN MY QUAD WASNT EVEN RUNNING RIGHT AND I BEAT HIM.. THEN HE DID SOME ENGINE MODS.. and i still hung with him.. now i did some work etc and i still am there buddy.. banshees arent all AT ALL fast anymore.. you need to mod them pretty good to be anything known as fast.. a stock banshee aint worh $hit.. not in the dunes.. not the trails.. and not the track you stupid f`ing panzie.. unless you mod them there nothing special bud. you think the damn motor is a god.. no thanks. only thing it would get over me is TOP TOP END because unless were on a long *** strip where he can top out.. the banshee isnt catching me so F OFF. and stay out of the suzuki section cause your comments arent wanted here.

HAHA and you called me imature.. Why dont you get out the trailer and get some education, you might be able to expand your vocabulary.. At any rate, Ive owned an 85 Quadracer. Im not even going to try to desribe how slow it was against my piped 99 banshee.
banshees arent all AT ALL fast anymore..
Since when did the Banshees start going slower?? I didnt know Yamaha tuned them down over the years??

you need to mod them pretty good to be anything known as fast
What mods does a Banshee need to beat a good running LT 250 R???

Look, I could continue to rip you and your idiotic post apart. Why should I , i wouldnt even waste my time racing any LT on any surface, track, dunes, hill, or strip. 500's included( Actually I seek out 500's so I can destroy them, and still claim 80 cc's less!!!)...

You ever come out this way, or if I check out your trailer park, well have to hook up, Well Ill hook up, youll eat my ROOST!!!

RoostKing...

Old 10-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

RoostKing you make me laugh. I have a modded 86' LT250R, but still running on stock bore. My friend Kyree has a Banshee with toomey pipes, clamp on K&n filter and some other mods. Yes, its fast alright, but even he admits mine is way snappier and gobs of top end rev. When we dragrace he wins first 3 gears because im spinning the hell out of my tires or trying to control the front end, since my quad is pumping about 40hp with a 296lbs frame. Afterthat i whiz right by him, when we race 5 blocks, by the end i win by almost a block. Dont talk ****.

Old 10-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you say so...

Roostking..

Old 10-17-2004, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

i honeslty dont know whos banshees you guys are racing,but unless your lt is a really modded 87-92,or if its an 85 or 86 it better be built to the hilt to outrun a good banshee without and idiot riding it. you bring any 85-86 lt250 over here and i will spank it all day on either of my banshees,unless your 85 -86 is friggin alcohol or nitrous or something

Old 10-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

if your 85-86 is outrunning a modded banshee,your either A.lying-------B.the guy riding the banshee is a retard---or C-the banshee is a piece of sh*t or D,your 85-86 has every mod possible and know how to ride it well

Old 10-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Well, Kyree is a pretty good rider, were pretty much equal. But it all depends on how to ride your quad. On pavement he wins though. . . in sand i win.

Quick Reply: Banshee motor in a LT250R?