Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

05 King Quad Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 King Quad Purchase

Hello I am looking to purchase my first brand new quad from a dealership. I took a test drive today on the new King Quad and loved it. I own a 2000 king quad that just isn't big enough anymore and am looking to upgrade. I had a few questions on the quad though. How does the override work? I did notice the limiter when going in reverse and in differential lock. When you push the override button in does it stay in that mode or do you actually have to push and hold the button for it to work?

When negotiating a price should crating and set up fees be extra when purchasing the floor model? I would understand if they had one still in the crate in their warehouse but not one that's already set up on the show room floor. Also on his price sheet he listed $550 for the winch/installation. This seemed pretty high considering the deal was for $69. I know they still have to get the mount and install it, but $550 was high imo. Their price including tax was $8734.00 which they were going to sell to me for $7681.00. He actually had the MSRP price incorrect on the sheet listed at $7299 but when I corrected him by $100 he said it didn't matter because it's all relative in their deal they cut me. I wanted to get out of the store for under $7000.00 with the winch installed. Am I being unrealistic? Any info would help. Thanks!!

NapAbe

Old 10-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Even in Alaska I was offered one out the door for 7K including the winch. The only thing that should matter to you is what the price is when you take it home minus the sales tax. Its called the "out the door" price. I am always ready to be loyal to a dealer but to be honest if they are trying to charge you more than MSRP plus add freight or un crating charges and charge you more than $69 for the winch deal I would run away from them.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I work at a dealership and sell ATVs.WATCH out for GARBAGE fee's.It is TRUE that a dealer has to pay for freight and assemble fee's,however,these costs TOGETHER should not exceed 250-300 bucks or your dealer is screwing you.You may also have to pay a Doc fee of 50.00 bucks?

I got my KQ OUT THE DOOR with a winch[I install the winch]for 6696.00...Since I run it thru my bussiness,I dont pay taxes.You will NOT get a price this good.This price includes my employee discount....7300.00 out the door is a fair price with a winch.

Bill

Old 10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your specific dealership pricing is going to be greatly influenced by supply, demand and area competition. If they are selling units faster than they are being delivered, the dealership is going to be very reluctant to do any discounting. In fact, they may even charge a premium until things balance out. No different than paying a "dealer price adjustment" on a hot new sports car the first week it arrives on the market. Of course, they can't go too crazy as they don't want to scare away current or future business opportunities.

Having said all that, I do think it's realistic to get "out the door" (all costs prior to sales tax) under $7000. My local dealer sold all initial six of his KQ700s in just two days, but he was still under list at $6795 because another larger dealer in the area had set that price. I paid $6795 + $69 for the winch + $120 for the winch install for a total of $6984 prior to tax. In addition, the dealer provided 20% off any accessories purchased at the same time.

Good luck with your purchase!

Old 10-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input guys. Still deciding on what to do. All the dealers around here want to know what the "other" guy is doing before they throw out their best deal.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

you may have to travel out of the city to get a good deal... just depends how good it is, heck if you save $1000 from a dealer 500 miles away, it's still cheaper. Do some research, and go in and tell the dealer you are ready to buy from dealer X for this price, but you want to go though him since he's local. If still says forget it, then get in your Truck and Drive ;-)

Old 10-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

We are selling them for $6995 at paris suzuki.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Range Rover

we are selling them for 6899.at allpower suzuki.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

Found out i may not get mine till november now, no green ones were available, are these Quads selling that good or is it suzuki's slow delivery. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

I pick up my yellow one on Monday. $7600 OTD with the winch, 3 year extended warranty and Suzuki financing. My dealer had every color available.

Quick Reply: 05 King Quad Purchase